PDA

View Full Version : Battery problem

Appen
24th July, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hi all, I have an Iphon 4 that eats battery, I have changed battery 2 times now and they lasted about one day.

After the first recharge and when the battery went empty there is no chance to recharge them again, only way to start the phone is to have the charger plugged in, and then the battery reports that it is charged 100%, but the phone do not start up properly, and when I unplug the charger the phone go dead direct.??

Any ideas anyone?

Rgeards
Appen

fijiman
24th July, 2012, 11:07 AM
Has the iPhone been water damaged...?

Appen
24th July, 2012, 11:35 AM
The first original battery broke on a rainy day, and I was on the phone outside. So yes it could have been some water on the phone, not sunk in water but rain on it.

Regards
Appen

Has the iPhone been water damaged...?

johnboy1974
24th July, 2012, 08:38 PM
Had the same problem mate with my iphone 4. I put it down to a dodgy battery and put the old one back in. The phone has been fine since. You maybe better getting apple to change your battery. I think there are a few dodgy batteries doing the rounds on ebay and amazon.

Appen
25th July, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hmmm maybe, but there is a problem letting Apple change battery, the phone i of coarse jail braked and I can't get it back in original state without a working battery. Catch 22 ehhh.

Regards
Appen

Had the same problem mate with my iphone 4. I put it down to a dodgy battery and put the old one back in. The phone has been fine since. You maybe better getting apple to change your battery. I think there are a few dodgy batteries doing the rounds on ebay and amazon.

ahmedmph
25th July, 2012, 07:04 PM
i have the same issue with iphone 4s
solved after closing 3g and made full restore through DFU mode

fijiman
25th July, 2012, 09:48 PM
Hmmm maybe, but there is a problem letting Apple change battery, the phone i of coarse jail braked and I can't get it back in original state without a working battery. Catch 22 ehhh.

Regards
Appen

It's not illegal to jailbreak your iPhone.....Apple might choose not to honour the warranty....but Apple will won't know it's jailbroken until it's fixed...:bounce: