PDA

View Full Version : modern warfare 3 online update

iphonic
24th July, 2012, 04:29 PM
I have a soft modded wii on 4.3e and tried to play Online with modern warfare 3 but it says I need to install a Online update through the game first before I can play on multi player, the message I get is -
An update to call of duty modern warfare 3 is available. To play this game on MW3 Online you must download it. Download update now?

open blocks - 925
blocks to download - 46
blocks after download 879

YES
NO

by updating the game to play Online will this in any way affect my soft mod? I thought I would ask first as I don't want to loose my soft mod.
Im running a external hdd with the game files on it.

happy_highlander
24th July, 2012, 09:47 PM
I have a soft modded wii on 4.3e and tried to play Online with modern warfare 3 but it says I need to install a Online update through the game first before I can play on multi player, the message I get is -
An update to call of duty modern warfare 3 is available. To play this game on MW3 Online you must download it. Download update now?

open blocks - 925
blocks to download - 46
blocks after download 879

YES
NO

by updating the game to play Online will this in any way affect my soft mod? I thought I would ask first as I don't want to loose my soft mod.
Im running a external hdd with the game files on it.
MW3 Online update is for gameplay only and not a system update....Perfectly safe mate and must be done to allow online play

iphonic
25th July, 2012, 02:14 AM
MW3 Online update is for gameplay only and not a system update....Perfectly safe mate and must be done to allow online play

Nice 1, quick question do you know how i can get my black ops online running it keeps saying please wait when i try to go and find a multi player game, when i go to zombies online itsays update is required to play the game online switch to multiplayer to update, so when i go to multiplayer which takes me out of zombies and into the normal multiplayer mode no update appears like mw3 did.

happy_highlander
25th July, 2012, 09:57 AM
Nice 1, quick question do you know how i can get my black ops online running it keeps saying please wait when i try to go and find a multi player game, when i go to zombies online itsays update is required to play the game online switch to multiplayer to update, so when i go to multiplayer which takes me out of zombies and into the normal multiplayer mode no update appears like mw3 did.

Black ops is the same it should give you an update option

iphonic
25th July, 2012, 12:54 PM
Black ops is the same it should give you an update option

It doesnt give me the option thats whats confusing, its a NTSC region iso would i need a PAL iso seen as my wii is from the UK? Could that be the problem do you think?

happy_highlander
25th July, 2012, 01:59 PM
It doesnt give me the option thats whats confusing, its a NTSC region iso would i need a PAL iso seen as my wii is from the UK? Could that be the problem do you think?

It really shouldn't matter if priiloader is set to region free but it is the only reason it won't work

iphonic
25th July, 2012, 02:36 PM
It really shouldn't matter if priiloader is set to region free but it is the only reason it won't work

Thats what i thought n my priiloader is set to region free its strange, im guna try a pal version and see what happens

iphonic
25th July, 2012, 08:15 PM
tried this still no luck

Wii Black Ops Fix, Region, Online Update and Connection FIX NEW LINKS - YouTube

happy_highlander
26th July, 2012, 12:19 AM
I think I pulled the black ops download from an extracted nand to set up on neek2o then packed it up as a wad. If I have I'll dig it out and upload it for you to try. It works on my wii and on simulated nand in neek2o but I cannot guarantee it will work or even be harmless on your wii so you will have to use it at your own risk, it should be perfectly safe but I can never guarantee anything when adding wads to your nand

iphonic
26th July, 2012, 09:36 AM
I think I pulled the black ops download from an extracted nand to set up on neek2o then packed it up as a wad. If I have I'll dig it out and upload it for you to try. It works on my wii and on simulated nand in neek2o but I cannot guarantee it will work or even be harmless on your wii so you will have to use it at your own risk, it should be perfectly safe but I can never guarantee anything when adding wads to your nand

Cheers mate, im really new to this and all i know is how to install the games from iso or wfsb frmat to my hard drive and play it through configurable usb loader or neogamma etc

happy_highlander
26th July, 2012, 11:15 AM
Ok here you go Digital Kaos - Downloads - Black ops Download content for online play (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/black-ops-download-content-online-play-2242/) but remember I take no responsibility for any bricks caused by files provided by me. This download content was pulled from my original nand and packed into a wad before installing into an emu nand with the same console id, it worked perfectly so should be ok to use

iphonic
27th July, 2012, 12:35 AM
Ok here you go Digital Kaos - Downloads - Black ops Download content for online play (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/black-ops-download-content-online-play-2242/) but remember I take no responsibility for any bricks caused by files provided by me. This download content was pulled from my original nand and packed into a wad before installing into an emu nand with the same console id, it worked perfectly so should be ok to use

Cherrs but i doubt i will do it just incase if i find my faulty wii i had from ages bk i mite try it on that one insted first so if it gets bricked it dont matter

happy_highlander
27th July, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cherrs but i doubt i will do it just incase if i find my faulty wii i had from ages bk i mite try it on that one insted first so if it gets bricked it dont matter

I very much doubt that it will brick the wii but I have to warn you that it might. If you have bootmii as boot 2 and a working nand backup just go for it, to find out if bootmii is boot 2 turn the wii on WITHOUT a disc in and if the drive light flashes twice you have bootmii as boot 2 which makes it almost impossible to brick the wii, except for a hardware issue.