PDA

View Full Version : what box

flutered
3rd February, 2009, 12:00 AM
i have 150 lids to spend on a reciever, i am not very tech minded, all replies apprecieted:hmmmm:

gmb45
3rd February, 2009, 05:53 AM
i have 150 lids to spend on a reciever, i am not very tech minded, all replies apprecieted:hmmmm:
lids lol i call them beer tokens,if you want the easiest eurovox m8 oh yes as benny/9 has said cable or sat box

benny/9
3rd February, 2009, 10:07 AM
just a thought is it a cable or satellite box
your looking for ? you did'nt say

flutered
3rd February, 2009, 11:50 AM
well i have a 60cm dish with a quad lnb, i have a chorus digital ariel with the power supply,:mad::mad: no box tho, i have my lappy near the tv and where the sat box would be, sorry for the lack of info. films and sport are not really a requirement, the discovery and kids channels are, as are gardening, documenterys etc. i hope this list improves my options

.: JaCkPoT :.
3rd February, 2009, 04:58 PM
For documentaries you would need a slightly bigger dish pointing at 1w..as for the kids i have no idea..too big for them now lol

alunfennell
4th February, 2009, 05:43 PM
Im not up on chorus via MMDS, but I think the Blackbox 500 T (Terestrial) has 5 volts to power the ariel, all you have to do then is add a image and the keys, other than that I would buy a Dreambox (possable clone) or other Linux satellite reciver and a motor for a satellite dish as been the best way forward.

Regards:
Alun