PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from xp to xp pro need new keys?

eric486
27th July, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hey everyone, my pc is currently running xp sp3. I am unable to get to PTT on this, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I upgrade my pc to xp pro sp3 if I'll need to go and get new keys and reinstall all the programs. I was thinking about backing up my hd to an external hd and upgrading, just not sure if that will mess my programs up. Thanks for any input. And sorry if this has been asked/ answered before. I've been searching for a couple of hours and haven't found anything yet. On a side note, does anyone know if there is software that will communicate with most all macks that doesn't require xp pro. I'm going to need more than just code reading, so a generic code reader isn't the way I'm looking to go. Thanks again.

RSwire
27th July, 2012, 11:24 PM
Best bet is to wipe system and reformat with a fresh install of XP Pro, and start with PTT and go from there. Most software install problems come frome an old machine that was used hard and put away wet. Most machines are very "dirty" or "cluttered" and diagnostic soft don't like that. That is why all my machines get a reformat and fresh install of the OS.

mexanico1971
28th July, 2012, 12:13 AM
yes like rswire says, and seach for magic key or keyfinder !
to find the serial key

Solomio
28th July, 2012, 06:38 AM
Go to KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean (http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/) This will help you find your serial key.