PDA

View Full Version : intelsat 17 66 East

cochin007
28th July, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hi,
I see i can receive 66E with 1.3 metre dish or bigger.
Any one in UK is getting this?
I am after Asianet and Indian channels in the dish.
Please confirm if some one can receive it with good signal

digicon
28th July, 2012, 06:42 PM
Not a chance unless you get a good 3-4m size dish as the channels you want are in C-band, you would also need a good view of the horizon say the top of an apartment block.

Nutsandbolts
28th July, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi,

Hi. Not sure if you know but there a few Indian/Asian channels on the Eurobird satellite at 9/10 East. If you have a 1.3 metre dish you should be able to pick them up

Regards.

mdt
28th July, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hi,

youve no chance m8, for one the sat is extremley low on the horizon so odds are you wont be able to get a clear line of site due to obstructions and secondly the channels you are after are transmitted in mpeg4/c-band which requires a huge dish in the region of 3m for a stable picture. take a look at the iptv type boxs available as these may offer the channels your after although they arent cheap. years ago aisanet was available on orion1@37.5w in fta analogue.. "such is life".regards mdt

cochin007
4th August, 2012, 06:33 PM
can some one copy 68.5 atleast .. much more stronger and i see Europne in the footprint..Bird is Intelsat 20 which is just launched on 2nd.. Any chance

mdt
4th August, 2012, 06:54 PM
can some one copy 68.5 atleast .. much more stronger and i see Europne in the footprint..Bird is Intelsat 20 which is just launched on 2nd.. Any chance

your 1.3 meter dish is big enough for the european footprints but yet again its all down to line of site as the bird is very low on the horizon and it depends on your location and obstructions near your recieving site. regards mdt