PDA

View Full Version : Bricked XBOX 360

victor_ray
3rd February, 2009, 03:22 PM
Guys I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me before I start to carry out work on my 360. A friend gave me an Xbox 360 which he found in his garage form his previous tenants. On inspection, the console will only play music cds and some DVDs.

I thought the laser had gone so I ordered a new one, installed it but this did not solve the problem. Someone told me that someone may have tried to flash it incorrectly which is why it only reads music CDs and some DVDs.

What I wanted to know is if this is the case is the machine dead or can I bring it back to life by reflashing it correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :shot:

wozzo
3rd February, 2009, 05:15 PM
If the 360 has been flashed with the wrong key then there is nothing you can do, Which is probably the reason why they left it behind.

Without a copy of the original firmware then its a lost cause.

You can still use it as a DVD/Media center, but unfortunately no games.

If you have a component or HDMI it will upscale standard dvds, you can also play HD-WMVs through a external hard drive which is quite nice.

C64
3rd February, 2009, 05:33 PM
Personally I'd try ripping the key again and flash it to a new controller (or entirely new drive), if it works then you have a new console, if not then you've lost ?20.

cunny
4th February, 2009, 10:54 PM
If you know someone who has a xbox 360 try flashing the it witht he key on the qustionable, just ensure to save the key on the good 1 first otherwise that too will be no good

C64
4th February, 2009, 11:04 PM
If you know someone who has a xbox 360 try flashing the it witht he key on the qustionable, just ensure to save the key on the good 1 first otherwise that too will be no good

What?

lol

Flash another 360 with the key from the questionable 360?

The other 360 will not play backups using a key from another machine.

smirnoff_rules
4th February, 2009, 11:11 PM
Personally I'd try ripping the key again and flash it to a new controller (or entirely new drive), if it works then you have a new console, if not then you've lost ?20.

how can he pull the key his overwritten m8 ,, hows that work

C64
4th February, 2009, 11:15 PM
how can he pull the key his overwritten m8 ,, hows that work

If he's overwritten it with an incorrect key then he's ~~~~ed :)

But we're not clear wether it is overwritten or not.

:)

smirnoff_rules
4th February, 2009, 11:25 PM
l see , theres a chance then is a bad write/flash then

C64
4th February, 2009, 11:27 PM
l see , theres a chance then is a bad write/flash then

Slim chance - but possible.

cunny
4th February, 2009, 11:33 PM
sorry guys meant borrow the drive and spoof the drive...been a long day

C64
4th February, 2009, 11:34 PM
sorry guys meant borrow the drive and spoof the drive...been a long day

Ahh, ISWYM now mate.

:)

cunny
4th February, 2009, 11:37 PM
hook up working drive 1st.
Get key and save in a safe place.
Get questionable drive and hook up.
Get key and save in a safe place (be sure to name them dif to ensure they dont get mixed up)
Insert to iextreme and flash good drive and try (be sure to back up the keys for each machine and keep them safe)

victor_ray
8th March, 2009, 04:18 PM
Guys sorry for come back to you so late, but thank you for all your posts.

I have been reading through hacking the xbox 360 guide and have worked out and understand that I have an old Hitachi 47 drive how to hook it up to my pc and get it onto mode B, but I have not tried it yet.

How would I know if the xbox 360 has been overwritten with the wrong key or if it has had a bad write/flash. What am I looking for.

Thanks.

Jedi-jakeyboy
10th March, 2009, 12:36 PM
there is a easy way to see if key is incorrect...

if you get red lights (2 i think) when powering up then key is wrong..

If after booted up all green then key is correct so just retore to orig fw then flash with ixtreme..

To make this process a bit easyer i have made a great app..

http://i43.tinypic.com/m7clqw.jpg

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/jedis-360-aio-32245/

victor_ray
10th March, 2009, 04:25 PM
Jedi or Jedi Master shall I say

Thank you for you post which is very encouraging. I can confirm that when I boot up the Xbox 360 all the green lights come on an no red ones. I can also get into the menu to see the hard drive etc.

As I am new to all this I am going to take a step back and take one step at a time.

Reading your post I assume that the Hitachi 47 drive has just had a bad write/flash. If I was to re flash with the original firmware, kindly provided by your very helpful application, would I then be able to play normal games? If so then the next step would be to flash the drive so it could play back up games.

I have been reading through the textbook 2008 but am a bit unsure which programme to use to flash the original firmware. The textbook advises xbins which is again in your app and I have also downloaded filezilla but not sure how to use them.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

cunny
10th March, 2009, 07:42 PM
you could use junglelfasher and it has all the firmwares needed.
If you need them, drop me a pm with your email i can send you a tut of jungleflasher with the firmwares.
Also retunring the drive to stocl firmware will let you play original games only not the backups.

victor_ray
10th March, 2009, 08:44 PM
I am trying to put my dvd drive into mode B. I have downloaded the Slax image from the textbook 2008 and extracted it using winrar.

Do I copy the whole contents to a CD or certain files as there are files and sub folders

Thanks.

cunny
10th March, 2009, 08:55 PM
just burn it with image burn

victor_ray
10th March, 2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks Cunny

I have the drive hooked up to my PC in mode B and my pc can see the drive.

I want to flash the drive back to the original firmware, So I have opened auto-xbins v 2.0. Not sure what to do from here. Looked in the tool box provided by Jedi and there is a 47flash.ex file and orig_fm with 47.bin inside it.

Can you explain to me what to do next and I do not want to brick the machine.

Thank you

victor_ray
10th March, 2009, 11:33 PM
Ok

Managed to get into xbins and managed to take the iextreme1.4_hitachi.rar file over to the left and downloaded it to my desktop and extracted it.

Opened up the folder and clicked in the RESTORE.bat file.

It get to the point when it says checking restored firmware and then the window closes, I do not get

pass: restore of drive to ORIGINAL is 100

am I missing something?

cunny
11th March, 2009, 06:53 AM
Either follow the jungleflasher guide or the text book, i not done a 47 yet but doing a 46 today, will let you know

victor_ray
11th March, 2009, 05:07 PM
Ok let me know how you get on.

I folllowing the textbook guide last night to flash the drive with the original firmware.

Will test tonight if it works by getting an original game from my friend.

Thanks.