PDA

View Full Version : 2 new solo clones, both have dead tuners?

tkm18
30th July, 2012, 10:43 PM
Likely, or an issue somewhere?

Have set 3 up previously in the identical manner without any issues.

Have test an openbox and a dm 500 on the dish and both have been spot on.

Ant/agc are 99% and ber is zero, no services found.

Running the pre-installed BH 1.6.7 and the tuner is being showing in the menus.

Anything I could be missing?

TIA.

DOUGALMCD
31st July, 2012, 09:28 AM
Have you checked tuner config?

cactikid
31st July, 2012, 09:47 AM
good point,i got that when scanning wrong sat,due to not looking properly at what to scan.

tkm18
31st July, 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the setup is correct, will try a new image and see if that helps.

I tried watching 1channel last night and that wasn't working correctly either, so I'm hoping its just a software issue.

cactikid
31st July, 2012, 07:35 PM
before you try new image recheck the scan info.

tkm18
2nd August, 2012, 09:10 PM
before you try new image recheck the scan info.

Configuration Mode simple
Mode single
Satellite Astra 2a/2b/2d/eurobird 1(28.2.e)
Send Disqeqc no and yes.

I've tried both disqeqc settings, nothing, other boxes are spot on with the dish, just highly unlikely us have two with dodgy tuners I reckon.

DOUGALMCD
2nd August, 2012, 09:24 PM
Settings seem to be fine usually diseq no. Do you do an automatic scan? Does it find any?

tkm18
2nd August, 2012, 09:34 PM
Settings seem to be fine usually diseq no. Do you do an automatic scan? Does it find any?

Im running on the now and the percentage is going up, but no services are found.

Sitting at 20% the now and nowt.

Gonna try another, newer image, but im not holding out much hope tbh.

DOUGALMCD
2nd August, 2012, 09:38 PM
I would try another image on one of the boxes. The dish is definately ok? Are you scanning tuner a with yes and clear before yes?

tkm18
2nd August, 2012, 09:42 PM
I would try another image on one of the boxes. The dish is definately ok?

Im assuming the dish is ok, its a motorised and tried two other boxes on it, both connected to the motor and also connected direct to the lnb and both are working fine.

Im assuming the flash will work, or i have been unbelievably unlucky and got two duff tuners, but ive yet to see any reports of bad tuners right out the box.

DOUGALMCD
2nd August, 2012, 09:54 PM
Highly improbable but like anything not impossible.Is sat pointing to 28.2 at moment if not you wont get anything as your scanning that on automatic scan.
Try scanning on a mates fixed dish and save then you can do motor settings if that's easier.

tkm18
2nd August, 2012, 10:12 PM
Highly improbable but like anything not impossible.Is sat pointing to 28.2 at moment if not you wont get anything as your scanning that on automatic scan.
Try scanning on a mates fixed dish and save then you can do motor settings if that's easier.

Yes mate, I've not been the euro stuff for ages, deffo at 28.2.e, been watching it and the open isn't setup for multi sat, so it wouldn't have moved when its been connected to the motor.

DOUGALMCD
2nd August, 2012, 10:20 PM
Are you going to flash bh or vix or? Haven't heard of any with tuner problems up until now. I suppose you have to start from scratch again. Just to eliminate dodgy tuner issue.

tkm18
2nd August, 2012, 11:43 PM
Are you going to flash bh or vix or? Haven't heard of any with tuner problems up until now. I suppose you have to start from scratch again. Just to eliminate dodgy tuner issue.

I'm going with the latest bh, with it being a v 2.0 I just battered in and flashed without updating the bootloader, didn't think I'd need it, now its sitting on a black screen doing I'm honestly.beginning to hate these things.

That's the thing that's getting to me, I seem to be only person to have had any issues with the tuners.

tkm18
3rd August, 2012, 09:14 AM
Managed to get it back flashed on bh 1.7.1 still no signal, can't for the life of me believe I've got 2 dodgy tuners on 2 receivers straight out the box..

If it not the dish at fault, I'm honestly amazed at my very poor luck. Haha

cactikid
3rd August, 2012, 09:27 AM
unfortunate yes but clones may mean inferior build.

DOUGALMCD
3rd August, 2012, 10:16 AM
The other thing that you have to try is another working dish just for the sake of knowing you have tried everything.

tkm18
3rd August, 2012, 12:51 PM
Sorted guys, turns out a combination of temperamental lnb and a slightly loose Co-ax cable.

On dougals advice fired one of them onto a fixed dish and worked first time, pot luck the openbox worked when I tested it. Came back and made a couple of adjustments to my setup and jobs a goodun.

I know the clones aren't spot on, but it seemed too much that both were knackered.

Thanks for the input guys. :)