PDA

View Full Version : focus wipers

yamar1
3rd February, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi,, the wipers on the focus dont work properly, when i press down for the 1 wipe cycle or the when using the other settings,. when i press down on the stalk the wipers move but soon as i let go of the stalk they stop in whatever position they are on the window and dont park at the bottom,, likewise when on the other settings when switched on work ok till i switch them off and they stop in the position there in to get them back to park position i have to hold the switch down and let go when there at the bottom, passed mot no probs but just doing my head in , if its an easy fix il sort it,, if not its getting left like that,, relay maybe??

gordy230
3rd February, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi,, the wipers on the focus dont work properly, when i press down for the 1 wipe cycle or the when using the other settings,. when i press down on the stalk the wipers move but soon as i let go of the stalk they stop in whatever position they are on the window and dont park at the bottom,, likewise when on the other settings when switched on work ok till i switch them off and they stop in the position there in to get them back to park position i have to hold the switch down and let go when there at the bottom, passed mot no probs but just doing my head in , if its an easy fix il sort it,, if not its getting left like that,, relay maybe??

i think the motors knackered m8

cactikid
3rd February, 2009, 10:38 PM
if motor was gone wipers dont work ,possible wiper switch problem.

yamar1
3rd February, 2009, 11:14 PM
thanks for the replys, just found out its a common fault, a small relay in the fusebox needs renewed,, ahh, im glad its not the motor.:party :

cockney
4th February, 2009, 07:42 PM
posted twice

cockney
4th February, 2009, 07:44 PM
hi I have the same prob on the rear wiper could it be the relay?

cheers

yamar1
4th February, 2009, 11:22 PM
it def is the relay as i recently found out!, its in the fuse box, the 2 small grey relays its one of them which packs up (?6 from the dealers),, need a 8mm socket to get the fusebox out to change the relay m8, fuse box is on the passenger side behind the glovebox.

yamar1
5th February, 2009, 06:32 PM
when the fusebox is lowered, swap the 2 grey relays with each other and it sorts it, just done mine, everything works spot on now and never cost a penny!

smirnoff_rules
5th February, 2009, 07:29 PM
when the fusebox is lowered, swap the 2 grey relays with each other and it sorts it, just done mine, everything works spot on now and never cost a penny!

wots the other Grey one for then ?

yamar1
5th February, 2009, 09:15 PM
wots the other Grey one for then ?

something to do with the rear wiper, one relay for front, one for rear, but there identical, but they work in different ways and when swapped fixes the fault without any problems on either wiper,,