PDA

View Full Version : DM500HD not booting after re-imaging

sned
31st July, 2012, 08:46 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum and recently got myself a DM500HD. I have sat connection and I know it works as I have myself a sky box. it's tuned (the dreambox) to the eurobird1 satellite which some channels were missing, not that many, on the list i was trying to update the system with a better image that might resolve this. The dreambox worked fine when i had the card in and 3 days ago I started to lose some channels, ie all the sky subscribed channels, and not on the sky box.

So i tried to do some updates of the image (I had peter pan neverland on it when i bought it) and bouquets and they installed fine but when i tried to put the "OpenBlackHole_Ferrari-dm500hd_SSL83F_DTS_CrossEPG_Cron_DEBHGUI_with_AUTO-DVBT_DynDNS.nfi" image through the method of going through the web via the ip for the box and it updated fine up to the point of the reboot where it just didn't function after this. I went over to the box after about 10 mins of nothing happening and pressed the button and nothing happened so i turned it off by the swtich and back on again and only the green light was on solid and no red blinking loading/booting light.

I turned it off and on again several times and only the green light came on with no image on the screen at all. I tried using the "DreamUp" program, via a usb com connection, and that didn't work as it stalled on the first acknowledgment and wouldn't move on from there. I changed the firewall settings to see if that was causing any problems but that didn't do anything.

I haven't found anything yet on if this has happened before or how to resolve it. I would appreciate if anyone could lend some advice as how to resolve this problem as I can't do anything with it now

Cheers,
Owen

martyb123
14th August, 2012, 11:17 AM
hi mate did u get sorted??

grbcic
11th September, 2012, 10:38 AM
I have same problem with my 500HD. No life from my box. Tried with DreamUP but waiting for acknowledge.

Please guys help if you can!!!

Tomba1965
14th September, 2012, 06:01 PM
Do you know for sure that it is a Ferrari?

I have the same problem, but i opened the box and the it was a sim210 card. Not the same proseidure I think.

I'm gonna try this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/how-flash-dm800-se-dreamup-239261/ (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/how-flash-dm800-se-dreamup-239261/)

Don't know if it's gonna work, but I will try, and let you know if it works :-)

Tomba1965
15th September, 2012, 06:50 AM
The guide was brilliant, but the result was the same :-(