PDA

View Full Version : THE INVADERS starring Roy Thinnes

melloned
4th February, 2009, 01:27 AM
:hmmmm: I remembered this series from the late 60's /early70's and had to watch it right through !. I've just finished watching both the 1st + 2nd season (over 40hrs viewing ! ).
Dissapointed can't describe my feeling at the end ! .
Is that all's there is ? , is there any more ? , if that's it , what a waste of time , a nice time warp , but no ending ! .
Ever felt robbed of an ending ??:hmmmm:

on_the_jazz
4th February, 2009, 01:38 AM
Wow, I remember this series from when I was a kid! (they used to show it as a rerun at 6pm on bbc2). Did you download it or have they released it on dvd finally?

melloned
4th February, 2009, 07:30 PM
:party : Got the the 1st season (6 discs) middle of last year , as it's freely available , but got the 2nd sesaon (7 discs) , direct from Australia , 3 months ago , it's generally available in the uk from this month .
It's well worth a look Mate , as it's a time warp from another era , but you're left feeling there must be more episodes ?? ,
if there is , i can't find them , does anyone know ?
If you remember liking it , you'll be gripped from the 1st few minutes with the introduction :
" How does a nightmare begin ? , for David Vincent , architect , it began at a few minutes past four on a lost Tuesday morning , looking for a shortcut that he never found " .
" It began with a closed deserted diner and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey " .
" It began with the landing of a craft from another Galaxy , now David Vincent knows the invaders are here , that they have taken human form , somehow , he must convince a disbelieving world , that the nightmare has already begun " .
Remember ?

mrdee0
8th March, 2009, 07:25 PM
Loved this series..'a quinn martin production'...and the way they had act 1 and act 2...was quite eerie i remember.

lfc4life
8th March, 2009, 07:36 PM
I loved this show when i was younger watching it on bbc 2 but never got to see it all! :(:thrasher:

Krypton
10th March, 2009, 11:01 AM
i never liked the invaders much, i preferred "time tunnel"

wooper
11th March, 2009, 05:33 PM
I loved the invaders, still think it looks good today.

I read there was to be a 3rd series, with a full on invasion of saucers, but the tv company pulled the plug, as is the wont of many an american tv exec.

There was a mini series in (I think) mid 90's. Roy Thinnes stared for first few mins and I think the chap who was in the waltons. It was shite