PDA

View Full Version : Rover keyfob codes

bobbill1
4th February, 2009, 02:50 AM
I have a rover 400 and my only keyfob is not working.Can anybody help me get round this problem.Thanks bobbill1

jckw
4th February, 2009, 02:54 AM
I have a rover 400 and my only keyfob is not working.Can anybody help me get round this problem.Thanks bobbill1ITS IN THE GARAGE FORUM M8 HAVE A GOOD LOOK IN THERE

bobbill1
18th February, 2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks for your help.Bobill

edual
17th July, 2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for your help.Bobill

If your plip(keyfob) is not working, check with a good lens if the solders are ok. Those from the battery case and buttons are very often damaged. Use a small soldering iron AND good tin to resolder all of them.

If still not working check that both sides (up and down) of battery case conductor is not broken when passing inside the board hole!
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif Do not resolder cristal or small components as they may get damaged!

When you are done and always you take off the battery, press one button at a time for about 10 seconds before inserting battery again in order to reset the plip.

After you insert the battery, press 4 or 5 times each button to reset the signal. Read owners manual!

If plip is now ok and doesn't need reprogramming because of some strange reason or because it doesn't correspond to your car, it should work. If you need reprogramming, you must get a T4 or testbook may be with a dealer.

If you have the kac (alarm reset code) and you cannot get it accepted (check again on owner's manual) may be you have trouble with wires between the microswitch on lock and the alarm ECU. If this is ok, then check if microswitch is not pulled in a wrong sequence due to excessive play on lock bore. If so, you can put a piece of paper gasket on microswitch back.

Good luck!!! http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

dik
17th July, 2009, 10:12 AM
Here are the fob re-programming instructions

tim158
19th July, 2009, 09:48 PM
how do you get that screenshot? thanks

Chadder
19th July, 2009, 11:14 PM
what is the ecu code MCK ??????
You can open the ecu and program the 93c46 so you have no immobiliser.

dik
20th July, 2009, 10:20 AM
how do you get that screenshot? thanks
You press the print screen button on your keyboard, this copies to the clipboard, you then open windows paint and paste to it, then save as jpeg

kkkkkk
1st September, 2009, 04:40 PM
Here are the fob re-programming instructions
does this work for mg zs too or not

thank you

Chadder
1st September, 2009, 06:38 PM
does this work for mg zs too or not

thank you

Yes depending on the year , the instruction are for when the fob has lost sync , it can happen when you disconnect the battery or the fob battery is replaced .

if that does not work then you need to get it programed , if you require that option then send me a pm .

raynalsa
18th May, 2010, 09:00 PM
Can someone give instructions to program a keyfob for a 2000 freelander 1.8? Thanks

Peter76
10th November, 2010, 08:55 PM
I have a rover 414SI 1997 and my only keyfob is not working.Can anybody help me get round this problem.Thanks Peter76. I dont have diagnostic software for Rover.