PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Hand Keys????

the_riddler
5th August, 2012, 03:06 PM
For the purpose of gaining experience and practice, is there a list of.
Manufactures,
Models,
that you can simply reprogram any old key without having to buy new parts..
if there is no lists available.
can a few be listed..

Many thanks..

note..
i do have Zedbull copy. and upa usb ori. available to me.

Thank You.........:beer:

Snowy79
5th August, 2012, 03:44 PM
I'll get you started with Ford Keys. Transponders and remotes are reprogramable in other Fords.

workdamnyou
5th August, 2012, 05:19 PM
Toyota remotes and chips.

VAG remotes.

Older Nissan remotes and chips.

Older Opel remotes.

Rover lucas remotes.

Ford remotes and chips.

Mazda 8C's and remotes.

Automat
5th August, 2012, 11:05 PM
Here's some helpful info for starters, keys that have the chips listed you are trying to recycle.

LOCK--MAN
6th August, 2012, 09:18 AM
your zed bull will tell you the genuine one will do about 5 x more than the copy
as the copy just a basic cloner and precoder no different to any other cloner
but that list above is comprehensive
the only thing to add if you have genuine zed you can unlock ID48 then reuse

woodpeck
8th August, 2012, 11:20 PM
Hi, new member here. I'm wondering where the cut off date point is/was for GM/Opel/Vx re-programmable remotes/fobs ? Also, can a keyfob be virginised simply by replacing the chip in the later onboard versions, or does the chip need partially coding in order for the likes of Opcom/Tech2 to see it as a new fob ?
Thanks Guys

pianoman58
9th August, 2012, 12:29 AM
Opel/gm make many models so the cut off is different, basically the separate chip fobs are re-useable, and the soldered in chips are not, there are also different types for each model and they don't interchange,eg astra G has 5 types of fob all looking the same.

You precode a chip to tell it which make and model it is going to be used in: eg: the same blank pcf7946 could end up in a clio2 or a vectra C etc etc.
When you ask for help on here ( DK ) you will get more help if you are more detailed about your request, like eg: 2002 astraG with factory alarm fob info. not just opel gm remotes info.

woodpeck
9th August, 2012, 12:55 AM
Pianoman ... Many thanks. I now realise I should have been more specific, but the "unknown" now virginised key is from an unknown model. That's why I gave the part number info. I'm assuming now, dangerous I know, that it has been virginised for a VectraC (and not a Clio lol). If not, am I in danger of programming a chip / key that will start a vectraC but where the remote won't work / marry to a Vectra C if the fob was from another car model ?
Thanks m8
Woody

i_shot_the_sheriff
9th August, 2012, 06:10 AM
For "VAG REMOTES"...........

Yesterday i've tried prorgamming another remote to a Seat Cordoba 2000' and it wouldn't accept it!

workdamnyou
9th August, 2012, 07:04 AM
For "VAG REMOTES"...........

Yesterday i've tried prorgamming another remote to a Seat Cordoba 2000' and it wouldn't accept it!

It should have, they are 100% reusable.

Even the later remotes, like Golf MK5 are reusable. As are Passat B6 dash keys, with a new chip fitted.

Im looking for a Golf MK6 to test at the moment.

i_shot_the_sheriff
9th August, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'm starting to think that the Central Lock Module is faulty that's why it couldn't accept it!
Anyway, gonna try to other cars :)

dontzapit
9th August, 2012, 08:16 AM
It should have, they are 100% reusable.

Even the later remotes, like Golf MK5 are reusable. As are Passat B6 dash keys, with a new chip fitted.

Im looking for a Golf MK6 to test at the moment.

Are the Passat B6 Dash keys your talking about like this?

OEM VOLKSWAGEN VW 06-08 PASSAT SMART KEY KEYLESS REMOTE ENTRY FOB TRANSMITTER | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-06-08-PASSAT-SMART-KEY-KEYLESS-REMOTE-ENTRY-FOB-TRANSMITTER-/350583341846?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AVolkswagen|Model%3APassat&hash=item51a0654316&vxp=mtr#ht_986wt_702)

VTS_Tibi
9th August, 2012, 09:43 AM
you can also reuse secondhand Renault IR keys:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f177/renault-program-used-ir-remote-260318/

indienick
9th August, 2012, 01:55 PM
is the toyota G chip reusable?

koncimobil
9th August, 2012, 02:02 PM
is the toyota G chip reusable?

of course,
toyota transponder G chip 80bit resuable.

Gizbern
9th August, 2012, 08:00 PM
Smart ForTwo450 & Roadster 100% works
Smart ForTwo451 & ForFour454 new transponder -immo ok, but remote not works

workdamnyou
9th August, 2012, 10:13 PM
Are the Passat B6 Dash keys your talking about like this?

OEM VOLKSWAGEN VW 06-08 PASSAT SMART KEY KEYLESS REMOTE ENTRY FOB TRANSMITTER | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-06-08-PASSAT-SMART-KEY-KEYLESS-REMOTE-ENTRY-FOB-TRANSMITTER-/350583341846?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AVolkswagen|Model%3APassat&hash=item51a0654316&vxp=mtr#ht_986wt_702)

Yes. Open it and replace transponder and its good to go. You'll need Vag Commander or other tool capable of precoding the 48 though.

Remote is reusable without any adjustment needed, just program it and it works.

Meat-Head
13th August, 2012, 09:47 PM
Would like to spam.

What is the crack with peugot - 206/307 etc REMOTES?

workdamnyou
13th August, 2012, 10:15 PM
Would like to spam.

What is the crack with peugot - 206/307 etc REMOTES?

I stand open for correction on this....

There must be a tally between the remotes RF signal and the seperate carbon transponder.

I've discussed this with others who agree, but nobody seems to know either how it's done, or a solution to it.

If anyone here knows how to reuse one of these remotes, I'd love to hear how it's done.

Meat-Head
13th August, 2012, 10:41 PM
I've discussed this with others who agree, but nobody seems to know either how it's done, or a solution to it.

If anyone here knows how to reuse one of these remotes, I'd love to hear how it's done.

ON TOPIC:-

Understand now.

OK, can only guess it writes the pin/vin to the remote.

the remote is a transmitter - duh - the comms 200 is a receiver, so in therory can only be done by the transponder coil.

Anybody got one to hand?

Not walking down the garden this time of knight.

Elric
13th August, 2012, 10:49 PM

Not walking down the garden this time of knight.

you scared of dark meaty lol

Meat-Head
13th August, 2012, 11:01 PM
you scared of dark meaty lol

NOPE - it's the TONS of cat shit and puke can't see in the dark, the nettles, the hole, the four bicycles and the milk crate that your foot goes through.

Not 100% sure that it is in the first box on the right when entering.

Just woundered the chip number and any pads?

MGF Rover round plips.

They APPEAR to have 4 pads - pos - neg - suck - blow to read/write to the chip with RS232.

But to lasy to try :roflmao:

mikeslocks
14th August, 2012, 02:58 AM
As long as the key uses the same crypto code it usually is reusable (that how the cheap china cloners clone 7936's because they use the same cryptocode ie honda nissan so on and not dodge and some others the skim changes it to match the skim unit that means their different)

Some companies like to keep the cryptocode the same so you can reprogram them back in if the dealer lackies mess up.

i_shot_the_sheriff
26th November, 2012, 09:57 AM
What about the Mazda remotes? MAzda 2/3? Are they reusable?

ajman5252
26th November, 2012, 05:47 PM
Can Lexus used remotes( smart key) can be reprogrammed??

rrador
26th November, 2012, 07:17 PM
What about the Mazda remotes? MAzda 2/3? Are they reusable?

I just programmed a used remote to a mazda 3, it wrked so i guess the answer is yes.

912secured
29th November, 2012, 07:14 AM
The 2 lexus keys you have pictures of are reusable but the one to the left remote portion do not work but transponder part does. I think it was used on the 430. Almost all toyota and lexus are reuseable. But if the customer brings them 2 you you have to do a immo rest and short the pins 4 and 13 for 35 minutes. So labor goes up. The blue flasher with regular rechipped shell program in 10 seconds.

i_shot_the_sheriff
10th January, 2013, 11:27 AM
What about the Renault remotes with ID33???

They have a U9280M transponder cpu on them! If i replace that with a new one will it work like virgin?
Has anyone tried?

Meat-Head
10th January, 2013, 08:34 PM
not going to argure but could you not get thr TRIS whatever and add to dump or jus t programme to the car anyway?

davidykhor
13th January, 2013, 05:29 PM
bmw ews remotes are reusable, desolder the copper transmitter out and replace it with a pcf7935 transponder, sync the remote back yourself via lock and press unlock 3 times procedure :P

i_shot_the_sheriff
14th January, 2013, 07:28 AM
Replace it with a PCF7935? Solder it? Is there a SMD PCF7935 chip to solder there??

davidykhor
14th January, 2013, 04:00 PM
don't solder it, remove the transponder coil, and stick a pcf7935 on the same location

:) it works.

paul_12345
14th January, 2013, 04:12 PM
don't solder it, remove the transponder coil, and stick a pcf7935 on the same location

:) it works.

Yh, sure the customer will thank you when the battery goes flat in the remote

Meat-Head
15th January, 2013, 12:53 AM
Yh, sure the customer will thank you when the battery goes flat in the remote

how many bmw drivers thank you for anything E46 drivers are all impataint tossers (fact)

if you can be bothered (i can't) and search there is an INFERIOR website shows you how to swap your battery for a CR2032!

DIY- BMW e46 key fob battery remove/replace - YouTube

davidykhor
15th January, 2013, 06:26 AM
Yeap lol..

cheers guys.

i_shot_the_sheriff
18th July, 2013, 02:04 PM
Today i've tried programming a used key to a Corolla 2006 model ,, i managed to reuse the immobilizer chip but the remote is not programming at all! I think the toyota remotes are not resuable

gwee
18th July, 2013, 02:15 PM
Today i've tried programming a used key to a Corolla 2006 model ,, i managed to reuse the immobilizer chip but the remote is not programming at all! I think the toyota remotes are not resuable

Toyota remotes are 100% reuseable.

Manual procedure for remote programming.

Meat-Head
18th July, 2013, 05:59 PM
On topic

you find on ebay boxes of used keys for ?20 i brought a load, think can get away with cutting brass blades off and weight in with other brass

great for

1) pub quizz guess what id transponder it is
2) fooling other members by swapping keys around