PDA

View Full Version : sky box and card

standarren
4th February, 2009, 05:50 PM
hi guys just got an old sky box off the mother in law thought i would set it up with the sky dish thats out side my house it has the viewing card in it but i do not recieve channel 5.
bbc1 and bbc2 and a few more seem to be showing different regions is there a way to update the box
i thought that i would recieve channel five because i had the card what do i do to make it work

gmb45
4th February, 2009, 05:55 PM
hi guys just got an old sky box off the mother in law thought i would set it up with the sky dish thats out side my house it has the viewing card in it but i do not recieve channel 5.
bbc1 and bbc2 and a few more seem to be showing different regions is there a way to update the box
i thought that i would recieve channel five because i had the card what do i do to make it workhi m8 welcome to dk i think you need to have it chipped to recieve more channels

standarren
4th February, 2009, 05:58 PM
hi m8 welcome to dk i think you need to have it chipped to recieve more channels
now i'm really confused didnt think sky boxes could be chipped have you any more information

gmb45
4th February, 2009, 06:10 PM
now i'm really confused didnt think sky boxes could be chipped have you any more information sorry m8 got a bit confused i thought you said vermin boxes must go to spec savers,i think ive been reading to many threads

despdan
4th February, 2009, 08:15 PM
if its been idle for a few months leave it on fiveUS might take a few hours to update card.

standarren
4th February, 2009, 08:18 PM
if its been idle for a few months leave it on fiveUS might take a few hours to update card.

superb mate got 5 5us sky3 bang on mate wish i could put them in order there all over the place

despdan
4th February, 2009, 08:23 PM
superb mate got 5 5us sky3 bang on mate wish i could put them in order there all over the place
setup the favourites then use the blue button to scroll thru them

standarren
4th February, 2009, 08:26 PM
setup the favourites then use the blue button to scroll thru them
yes done that mate but only holds 50 ihave a dbox and wanted to set it up simmiler so i can flick through the channels i have and not the ones that are encrypted