PDA

View Full Version : just got dreambox 8000 well happy

satpink
4th February, 2009, 11:14 PM
well cost a fair bit, ?869 + ?12 delivery, from dreamboxshop,

i started to open it & by the way it was wrapped i knew it was something special, came with 2 built in s2 hd sat tuners, installed another sat tuner & cable tuner, also had a vip membership card & a usb recovery stick, ive installed a 500mb samsung hdd, but box doesnt see it, will have a play, the dreamcrypt card reader wont read my sly uk hd card, so will have to use a 500s to send sly to it, got cable up & running though, will post more as i get more into it.

had a 500s 600s 7025sc 800s & now the flagship

C64
4th February, 2009, 11:28 PM
You have too much money.

Yes, I *AM* jealous.

lol

gizmo.1484
4th February, 2009, 11:51 PM
well cost a fair bit, ?869 + ?12 delivery, from dreamboxshop,

i started to open it & by the way it was wrapped i knew it was something special, came with 2 built in s2 hd sat tuners, installed another sat tuner & cable tuner, also had a vip membership card & a usb recovery stick, ive installed a 500mb samsung hdd, but box doesnt see it, will have a play, the dreamcrypt card reader wont read my sly uk hd card, so will have to use a 500s to send sly to it, got cable up & running though, will post more as i get more into it.

had a 500s 600s 7025sc 800s & now the flagship

?880 for a sat & cable box you must have too much money i am happy with my dbox2 for ?60 it does every thing i need.

Ps I whould not take out off the box at that price but if it makes you happy then good for you m8.

spectra
5th February, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah man well jealous.

Im saving for 1 too, hopefully end of the month for me.

You say there was to 2 sat tuners installed already. To clarify did you added a third sat tuner and 1 cable tuner yourself because you bought them extra? If so was it easy to install the extra tuners?

I ask because when I get mine I will need 2 sat tuners and 2 cable tuners so wondering wot I need to buy extra!

okman
5th February, 2009, 02:36 PM
very nice. i wish i could get one. enjoy the new toy.

fatbloke
5th February, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yes I got mine yesterday and have been up all-night playing.
I fitted a 1tb hard drive and a DVD player as well.
I am using blackhole 0.7 and I think it is a great image,I have 2 sat tuners and a cable tuner..I had difficulty setting up the cable side of things but I managed somehow.

satpink
5th February, 2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah man well jealous.

Im saving for 1 too, hopefully end of the month for me.

You say there was to 2 sat tuners installed already. To clarify did you added a third sat tuner and 1 cable tuner yourself because you bought them extra? If so was it easy to install the extra tuners?

I ask because when I get mine I will need 2 sat tuners and 2 cable tuners so wondering wot I need to buy extra!

2 sat tuners are built in, they just push into the 2 spare slots, you will need 2 cable tuners

satpink
5th February, 2009, 09:16 PM
Yes I got mine yesterday and have been up all-night playing.
I fitted a 1tb hard drive and a DVD player as well.
I am using blackhole 0.7 and I think it is a great image,I have 2 sat tuners and a cable tuner..I had difficulty setting up the cable side of things but I managed somehow.

havin trouble with my hdd, box doesnt see it, did you use the pc style 4 pin power plug or the little white power plug or do you need them both, also do you have a link to the dvd writer you used? did you manage to set up wireless lan?

fatbloke
7th February, 2009, 03:12 AM
Yes you need them both the tiny white one is for your slimline DVD player and the pc type plugs into the motherboard of the dreambox.
I have a pdf file showing how it should be done - PM me your email and I will send it too you.
BR,
fATS

PS I tried to upload it here but there is a file size limit,its about 3mb.

fatbloke
7th February, 2009, 03:41 AM
I am sorry but is late and I only scanned your message so I missed key points.
These are the drives I used.
Samsung SN-S083A Notebook 8x DVD?RW DL & DVD-RAM SATA Internal
Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache.
I brought them from ebuyer.com.
I am using a wired Ethernet connection,so no I haven't tried to set-up the wireless connection.
BR,
fATS

felix1
7th February, 2009, 05:11 AM
wow well jealous too. any chance you guys can post a pic or 2 for us. would love to be able to get one but im sure one of you can offer me one as a belated b'day pressie.

satpink
7th February, 2009, 06:11 PM
so i need the pc type 1 for hdd & the little white one for dvd rw sent you a pm with email addy thanks will post some pics tomorrow

2tone
7th February, 2009, 06:30 PM
have one of these as well had the wifi working well cool have it set for cable and sat and also have a dvd drive in it cant wait till they get a blue ray working in it that will make me very happy lol only thing i can see at the min is some people have had probs with hard wired ethernet had a bit my self but seems ok but if i get it again it will be on its way back to them for a new one but all in all its the best receiver out there me thinks anyway

AdyTheHIt
7th February, 2009, 07:46 PM
when you get bored of it send it my way:hmmmm:

satpink
8th February, 2009, 06:00 PM
wont get bored with mine thanks to fatbloke for pdf hdd now working & dvd drive ordered hoping they sort out license now for bluray then its a true all in 1 home media centre:burnout:

2tone
8th February, 2009, 08:17 PM
dont think its a license prob with the blue ray its more sorting out the drivers for it and the blue ray drives are not cheap at the min , there is also still some bugs to be fixed before they go down the road of the blue ray but it will make this beast the best of them all me thinks when they do add the support

lfc4life
8th February, 2009, 08:20 PM
Heres a video of it - YouTube - Dreambox 8000

satpink
9th February, 2009, 06:26 AM
see here

http://www.dm8000-vip.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1598

westkill
9th February, 2009, 08:33 AM
satpink you got to be registered member with registration code i think :)

satpink
9th February, 2009, 09:17 PM
sorry didnt think i copied last 3 posts of the thread

Friday, February 6th 2009, 5:45pm
There are certainly enough people hoping so. I believe the problem lies with the propriety software, and the lack of 1080p out.
Tuners
DM8000 pvr DVD
DM800HD
DM7000 Hdd
Nokia9311 Sattracker Emu(Stong)
Philips175d Multicam
Dish
Andrews/ChannelMaster 120,, w/Jaeger 1224el 36v motor, Invacom C120 0,3db quad flange lnb
3 X generic dishes from 50 to 90cm

* Go to the top of the page

Olove

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:29pm
1080p out is no problem, it's working quite fine.
The problem is the copy protection.
Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

baxter

Dreamer

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:37pm
Ok, thank you for the information, there should definately be a light at the end of the tunnel then I would say. :thumbup:
Tuners
DM8000 pvr DVD
DM800HD
DM7000 Hdd
Nokia9311 Sattracker Emu(Stong)
Philips175d Multicam
Dish
Andrews/ChannelMaster 120,, w/Jaeger 1224el 36v motor, Invacom C120 0,3db quad flange lnb
3 X generic dishes from 50 to 90cm