PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a network drive on a DM800

smith
5th February, 2009, 11:17 AM
I am trying to mount a network drive on a DM800 and I?m not having much success. I?m using the Nabilo mount wizard which says use CIFS for a PC drive so I?ve typed in the IP address and the name of the shared folder on the drive but it won?t mount. I?m not exactly sure whether I?ve specified the folder correctly.

Do you need to put in the drive letter? Or does the box just assume it?s the C drive. Do you need to put in any / or a : ? I?ve read that the folder needs to be called ?movies? and there needs no be another folder called ?movies? in that folder. How important is the username and password on an XP machine. I can map the folder on another XP machine without being prompted for a username and password.

I suppose streaming the data back will be equally challenging! Do I need to install VLC via the Nabilo plugins?

Thanks

westkill
5th February, 2009, 06:03 PM
is this for recording to your pc ? without internal hdd ?
if so
try this :)
on the c drive of pc create a folder (for example) recordings inside that create another folder called movie right click and share
cifs mount for windows pc
this setup is for nabilosat mount wizard if any one else is trying it
on dreambox
server ip address>pc ip
server sharing directory> /recordings
local directory>/media/net
user name> of user account on pc
password> of user account on pc
save exit
then it should have a screen to mount
trying to mount network moint
press ok or exit
goto media player
should be a folder network mount
this means it is mounted
i think lol
as i have not got a dm800
i dont no if this is set to your recording path
try recording some thing lol
hope this help if i understood your first post lol

u.s
5th February, 2009, 07:01 PM
does the above apply to play back avi files off a nas drive?

westkill
5th February, 2009, 07:12 PM
not 100%m8
i guess it it depends on the images media player
or
a vlc plugin on the box and vlc on thew pc i guess :)

smith
6th February, 2009, 12:39 AM
Its Running Nabilo BH0.6, got the drive mounted and plays file through the media player within the image. VLC was already in as a plugin its needed for the U Tube player.

I cannot record to the drive and can't see where to set it up. The record function is just looking for a local drive.

AllyB
24th October, 2009, 04:36 PM
hi,

i have followed the above to set up a mount on nabilosat 0.7, it looks like it will mount then i get permission denied. its def shared on the pc. cud it be chmod settings on dm800?

Emecheta
30th November, 2010, 02:49 PM
I have a PC with window7, how can I record my videos from the internal hard drive of my dreambox DM800 to my PC

norry
1st December, 2010, 01:32 PM
hi,

i have followed the above to set up a mount on nabilosat 0.7, it looks like it will mount then i get permission denied. its def shared on the pc. cud it be chmod settings on dm800?

I was getting that error, it was because I hadn't specified a password for the Windows log-in. Leaving a blank password didn't do it for me, even setting up guest access and leaving guest/guest didn't work, had to have a password for the user account that you are using for the share rights.

I have a PC with window7, how can I record my videos from the internal hard drive of my dreambox DM800 to my PC

Just FTP to your DM800 harddrive (mount/hdd/movies) and copy the .ts files to your PC, then use your favourite media player to view it.

Emecheta
16th December, 2010, 09:25 PM
Pls break this down course I don't understand. What is FTP and ts,