PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview box display shows 'ON' only

GrimReaper87
5th February, 2009, 12:52 PM
Kryptview box froze last night so pulled the plug and then powered up again, display shows only 'on' now and cannot change, further power off/on comes up the same and unable to use remote or manual channel change.

Is it a case of reflashing or has it died?

wilf
5th February, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hi grimreaper.Its not a lost cause m8, I would say it would need a reflash to get it back up again, Did you have the latest software on it?

brano.01
5th February, 2009, 02:21 PM
waited 5 days for null cable hooked it all up still cant open serial com ports goin on the razz this evening .

wilf
5th February, 2009, 03:45 PM
Hi brano, cant remember whether you had laptop or desktop? you dont need the com ports if you using 9pin to 9pin null cable on desktop. if you using laptop you may need to install a driver for 9pin to usb. you can check in device manager to see which port is being used,

brano.01
5th February, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hi Wilf
using USB to Null with driver installed . I spent so much time and cash on this project that i wonder is there a simpler BOX to flash

wilf
5th February, 2009, 04:01 PM
it dont get much simpler than the kryptview m8, how many comports have you tried? http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/how-change-com-port-settings-using-usb-serial-adapter-1926/?highlight=changing+port
did you have a look in here

shaqs77
25th February, 2009, 04:19 PM
im getting that on mine aswell. its really annoying, you watching something and it gets interesting then it freezes.

it would then display a single digit number for awhile and when you kill the power and restart it again it will display 'on' and the screen will be blank. ive solved it by killing the power for 30-45 mins and trying again.

it never freezes when the wife is watching americas next top model or a chick flick!!!!!!

wilf
25th February, 2009, 05:58 PM
which firmware you using m8 some are better than others 28/11/08 was the problematic one, the 29 11 08 was pretty stable on mine but i've just flashed it with the new 24/2/09 in the download section all seems ok with it at the moment and the epg i'm impressed with so far, but time will tell !!!

DW190
25th February, 2009, 08:30 PM
which firmware you using m8 some are better than others 28/11/08 was the problematic one, the 29 11 08 was pretty stable on mine but i've just flashed it with the new 24/2/09 in the download section all seems ok with it at the moment and the epg i'm impressed with so far, but time will tell !!!

I can confirm what Wilf has said. The latest firmware is the bees knees.

Heres another place to find it.
http://www.4shared.com/file/89453517/d7f7d892/KV_no_reboot.html

boyhood
5th March, 2009, 11:24 AM
hi mate
i 've had the same problem for quite sometime since the last release.its always been freezing and displaying on or sometimes a single digit.the solution press stand by on your remote and switch off power then on.repeat it till you get bck.done it numerous times and its worked.turning off for 45 mins doesnt help.all u need is on and off a couple of times and it will be bck on.am looking forward to testing the new firmware.watch this space.