PDA

View Full Version : Samsung galaxy note help

syn666
14th August, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hey guys first of all im a new user so i do apoligize if iv put this in the wrong section.

I was just wondering if there was any possible way of getting more battery life out of my galaxy note. I always end all my apps in the task manager yet if i was on the phone say using facebook for any long amount of time it jusr seems to drain the life from the phone so quickly.

Also this is my first android phone is there any must dos or must have apps for android that i should know about

Any help is gladly welcomed

Thanks

happy_highlander
14th August, 2012, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the world of smart phones. You say battery drains quickly....How quickly, under normal use I get a couple of days from sgs, but if you have a few widgets (these continually sync) eg weather, facebook notifications and the likes along with the sunny weather (sounds stupid I know) but in bright sunlight the display gets ramped up to full brightness automatically (display is your biggest battery drain) also if you are using apps such as whatsapp and have your email set to retrieve frequently these are also going to drain the battery.........Have a think about this.........how long does the battery on your laptop last and then consider the fact you are doing exactly the same stuff with your phone......battery life
doesn't seen so bad when you put it in that context eh......gps is another battery drain biggy.Thing is as long as it lasts a day it's not a problem just plug it in at night next to your bed and use it as an alarm clock and it'll be ready to go again when you are.

syn666
15th August, 2012, 01:00 PM
Suppose when u think of it that way its quite good like i said i always end all of my apps in task manager so they are not always running.

I do get my emails delivered but i could do without them tbh. The reason i bought this phone is because i am partially sighted and ovb the bigger screen really helps me however i do have the brightness turned up full so that could very well be the reason the battery drains so quickly, normally its screaming out for a charge by the end of the day.