PDA

View Full Version : detroit calibration tool in electronics suite

amishmafia00
14th August, 2012, 10:12 PM
Here is a little something I came up with today.
This will allow you to run dct from the detroit electronics suite. This would be great for a shop computer that only works with detroits. you could set it up to run the electronics suite at startup and have all your detroit softwares at one place.

The only thing I wasn't able to do was change the icon. so ddct uses the same icon as DDRS. for now

I am running ddrs 7.06 so i don't know if this will work for other versions

If you don't have detroit diesel electronics suite available in your programs menu you can look in your 7.06 install folder for the "launcher" folder. in there should be an installer in there somewhere. I have also attached an installer but i'm not sure if it will work for all systems or without being in the right folder.
paste the "launchDD" file in the c:/program Files/Detroit diesel/launcher folder. replace the old file
from the start menu click run, type regedit.
In the registry go to My computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Detroit Diesel\Calibration Tool\directories

In the right panel right click on Program then select Modify.
the path should look like this
C:\Program Files\Detroit Diesel\Calibration Tool\DDCT.exe
click ok

now you should be set.

give it a try and tell me what you think

amishmafia00
25th August, 2012, 06:37 PM
what's up with all the noobs posting stuff that doesn't make sense?

ddmech
26th August, 2012, 02:50 AM
I still post stuff that doesnt make sense!Then in a couple of days I think DUH,what was I thinking?LOL!

amishmafia00
26th August, 2012, 06:42 PM
well i don't know where it went but someone posted this

:trytofly:

and that was it. and it was his first post. i've seen it in other threads too. guys with one post posting stupid stuff. maybe a mod caught on and started getting rid of them