PDA

View Full Version : Golf 4 Immo 2 help.

albertros
15th August, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hi,
been dropped on again and need your advise please.

Golf 4 53 plate 1.6 petrol
Marrelli ecu

Here's the story as I have it.

Car broke down fault dash diagnosed, sent to BBredman and returned "reconditioned"

Car still wouldn't start even though left switched on for 1 hour.

Ecu sent to camco checked and sent back ok. Car still not start ( fires up then stops imediatly, key light flashing away.

I have attached the 2 dumps from the ecu and the dash.

Key remote does not work but then it may not have worked from the start.

Any thoughts please.

didzej
15th August, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi,
did you try adapt a key transponder again? This is immo2, used transponders are accepted. Any errors are reported in ECU or dash?

teuton
15th August, 2012, 03:44 PM
What did you try up to now? Did you try to program key and if so, what happens when doing so? What are the measuring blocks telling you about the key,antena and immo status?

albertros
15th August, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hi,
I will lookand report back.
Thanks

smokey08
15th August, 2012, 08:26 PM
Where abouts are you located? Fault codes need to be read from dash, then poss adapt the dash to the ecu and reprogram key. has the customer got a spare key to try?

albertros
15th August, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hi,
I am in Preston. Normaly just do Renaults, trying to help an auto electrician customer.

No spare key.

Can anyone get the programing code for the key proceedure from the above dumps? , I have SBB, zedbull

smokey08
15th August, 2012, 08:42 PM
Preston is too far away for me to have a look. Pin looks like it is 02067.

teuton
15th August, 2012, 09:22 PM
If this is VDO dash around 99-01 the pin code is 3530 (although plate suggests a 2003 year, but then again it should be immo 3 in this year)

yugo45
16th August, 2012, 04:45 AM
This is Immo 3 Dash, Part # 1J0 920 926A.
Dash read is not good.Pin in Dash should be 07034.
It looks like this is combination of Immo 3 cluster and immo2 ECU.
What tool did you use to read dash?
What year is the car and part number of ECU?

albertros
16th August, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi,

Marelli 036 906 034 car 53 plate

Dash part number label 110.080.131/006 VDO 93c86 8 bit removed eeprom from dash to get a good read, this is the dump in it when returned from BBA. The eeeprom had not been removed before I did it so it may have been done through obd.
It could even be the wrong dash for this model?

I have just tried to prog keys with SBB but Golf upto 04 only has room for 4 dig code.

Error faults recorded are :-
01177 193 Eng cont unit
01314 49 Motor gearcase

SBB goes through the program key sequence using (0)7034 but when you turn ign ooff/on it goes back to flashing

Thanks

yugo45
16th August, 2012, 02:43 PM
After programing key you have to adopt ECU to cluster but for that you need Vag-Com, you need to login the use this procedure:
Immobilizer II ECU Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_II_ECU_Swapping)

albertros
18th August, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hi,
Just to update :-
It now appears after reading Ross-Tech site that I have immo type 3 not 2.

The puzzle is that the Vin is supposed to be followed by a 14 dig key code. On mine its the other way round - 14 dig code followed by what appears to be a vin?

The story from the dash people is that they repared and returned the original dash.

I have located a mached used ecu and dash but the remote is missing!

What would be involved in getting a transponder to start the car.

I have zedbull original with no extra modules. If I read the key I have it says MAGIC2.

Thanks

yugo45
18th August, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hi,
Just to update :-
It now appears after reading Ross-Tech site that I have immo type 3 not 2.

After reading Dash or ECU?

igorr
18th August, 2012, 08:01 PM
pin is 07034 and you have one stored key in dash dump

teuton
19th August, 2012, 02:51 AM
pin is 07034 and you have one stored key in dash dump

Hi Igor

so dash would be VDO with pin in hcc,cd-ce,cf-d0,d1b but for heavens sake I cannot find the code in ecu dump, wich should be in ha0,a1 and ac, ad and b8,b9, if it`s MM IAW 4MW.

Could u please tell if you see pin in ecu, thank you.

yugo45
19th August, 2012, 05:54 AM
Hi Igor

so dash would be VDO with pin in hcc,cd-ce,cf-d0,d1b but for heavens sake I cannot find the code in ecu dump, wich should be in ha0,a1 and ac, ad and b8,b9, if it`s MM IAW 4MW.

Could u please tell if you see pin in ecu, thank you.
Like I mention in post #9, Dash is Immo 3 and it looks like ECU is immo 2 . Immo 2 does not have pin in ECU.

albertros
19th August, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hi,
The mist is clearing. The vin appears first on vag com but second in the bin dump.

I am waiting for the replacement parts as they are being supplied by the other garage.

Meanwhile I have been investigating.

Both vac com and vac k van will program the key in the dash funtion. the code works fine.

I was given a used ecu with the car and got a dump of DK with a code so that I could swap ecu.

Vag com will not see the ecu, it says something like " can't find baud rate " It finds the dash after going through about 5 different connection types.

Vag K can finds a Marelli ecu but the other buttons I want to use are greyed out. When I use the search button on 17 it says no responce.
I can get a dropdown box with loads of Bosch ecu but the marelli is not listed.

Does Vag com support the Marelli ecu?

albertros
19th August, 2012, 12:56 PM
Like I mention in post #9, Dash is Immo 3 and ECU is immo 2 . Immo 2 does not have pin in ECU.

So I have put the wrong dump in the second ecu?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f178/105439d1330206848-036-906-034-cn-pin-code-required-immo-off-mm-iaw4mv.gc.rar

Meat-Head
19th August, 2012, 01:55 PM
*SPAM*

Use searh bottom member Z786 had a simular thread - perhaps go leech it - bearing in mind it's Z786, so chances are there some bloke in birmingham, STILL waiting with a cup of tea on his drive for Z to return.

Meat-Head
19th August, 2012, 02:00 PM
Eye rumor confirmed - bloke still waiting for Z to return

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/golf-mk4-immo-problem-272524/

worth bumping AND PM member Z786 for update for spamming reasons.

albertros
19th August, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hi,
Thanks meaty spotted that one.

I am borrowing a Vag com mine keeps saying "function not available" contact dealer.

Meat-Head
19th August, 2012, 02:42 PM
on vagcom ?try ? test interface, save

?25 vcds geeebid

yugo45
19th August, 2012, 03:00 PM
So I have put the wrong dump in the second ecu?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f178/105439d1330206848-036-906-034-cn-pin-code-required-immo-off-mm-iaw4mv.gc.rar
This is Immo 3 file. So if you have Immo 2 ECU it will not work.

What year is the car ?

What is the part number of original ECU, the one it was in the car?

albertros
19th August, 2012, 08:14 PM
HI,
the auto lec sent 2 ecu.

The original ( had been to camco for testing and pronounced good) 036 906 034 DR

Camco also supplied a loan ecu ( think this is from a seat part number 036 906 034 CE)

But we don't know what happened to the ecu while they were testing.

yugo45
19th August, 2012, 11:32 PM
The original ECU 036 906 034 DR Is Immo 3, 2003 year model . But File that you post in first post , it is not immo 3 file.
The the file you load in ECu should work .
With Virgin file in ECU you should be able to adopt ECU to cluster. Pin is not needed if is ECU Virgin. You go straight in ch 50.

albertros
20th August, 2012, 06:28 PM
After another day messing I wondering if the kiline is down?
I can read the ecu through obd but differnt pieces of kit all refuse to write to the ecu.

Meat-Head
20th August, 2012, 07:20 PM
Damm it - use the search botton, see if you can figure out k at ecu - cut this and try again.

UNPLUG THE RADIO GRAM.

Z mutteres no immo off on maganretti marellli!

toximatic
20th August, 2012, 08:50 PM
Aint it easier in ur case to immo off that ecu?

teuton
20th August, 2012, 09:24 PM
After another day messing I wondering if the kiline is down?
I can read the ecu through obd but differnt pieces of kit all refuse to write to the ecu.

If you can read ecu then k-line is NOT down

albertros
20th August, 2012, 10:27 PM
Aint it easier in ur case to immo off that ecu?
I agree but scanning DK with the search button I understand its not poss on the marelli ecu.

I have had a quick look on a popular Auto technical program and the K line seems to go from the ecu to the clocks on this model. ( grey/white to pin 5 on dash )
I am woundering if there is still a fault on the repaired dash?

Contacted Z786 and he says he ended up with an ecu / dash / key kit.

I can only find a kit with no key. The problem is that my shed is cleaner than this car, it should be scrapped even if it run!

Stil I am learning.

yugo45
21st August, 2012, 12:33 AM
What do you mean by saying this?
This is procedure you need to use to adopt ECU to dash and keys, used Immo 3 procedure with 4 digit code:
Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer#Immobilizer_Generation_3)

When you adopting ECU you don't need to put pin if the ECU is virgin, you need to go straight to adaptation ch 50 then put pin from cluster.
Just is case if you need pin for that file of ECU that you post in post #18 , Pin is 08103.

Meat-Head
22nd August, 2012, 02:04 PM
Inot poss on the marelli ecu.

I am woundering if there is still a fault on the repaired dash?

Contacted Z786 and he says he ended up with an ecu / dash / key kit.

I can only find a kit with no key. The problem is that my shed is cleaner than this car, it should be scrapped even if it run!

1) gathrered that info

2) Z786 what ecu did he get

3) kit with no key, select add key, re use yours.

4) Shed cleaner

a) It broke down didn't know it was coming in

b) Mate did a clucth on one, got NASTY rash on back of his neck off
carpet - looking at pedal - nearly had to have his head cut off :roflmao:

albertros
22nd August, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi,
this job is going backwards.
Vag k can will identify marelli ecu but the adaption buttons are greyed out (kwp2000)
Vag com will only read and clear faults (02) Scroll through the blocks and when I get to 010 it says you must have rosstech full version,
Vag com takes about 4 presses to find a baud rate.
Traced the kline wire (grey/white ) goes into the clocks.

So ordered some vw kit from our friend Jo at Gocardiag. Loan of a genuine Vag com never happened. Told tomorow! funny told that yesterday.

Told you can't re-use magic2 keys on immo 3, - imaterial as when the dash and ecu arrived it was a dash and a key from a 1999 not 53 plate. Totaly different dump in dash than the original.

Think i'll get one of those Swan vesta

Meat-Head
22nd August, 2012, 07:00 PM
ADVERTISEMENT:_

Rumor gng around timpson nationalnw wide key cutters & shoes ALL have ad900 pro.

just walkin bold as brass and say WORd
FOR WORD

" dk member using your ad900 to unlock magic 2 NOW "

albertros
22nd August, 2012, 07:33 PM
Cobblers.

Not all bad news. A chap I do odds and ends for called with a freshly updated solus and a vas both fell over at the adaption phase of the ECU.

Anway he threw a Renault clip at me and said you can have that it sticks on "firmware update 20%"

Meat-Head
22nd August, 2012, 08:47 PM
both fell over at the adaption phase of the ECU.

"firmware update 20%"

*CONFUSED*

Thought this now 'just' needs a key?

Think, you best go stalk Lupu_Sandu

Have you tried lieing to car and say it's got new speedo, not new ecu?

OFF TOPIC:-

Resolder circuit board.

If no go, stick on Ebay 7 day listing starting 99p, spares or repairs. :roflmao:

Meat-Head
9th September, 2012, 12:54 AM
BUMMMMMP, BUMMMMMMMP, BUMP come and he won't go home

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f175/golf-iv-1-6-marelli-ecu-69900/

albertros
10th September, 2012, 08:11 AM
cobblers = people who mend shoes!
Fitted full kit = dash key ecu
Car same = can't comunicate with ecu on vag com but partial comunication with vas and Vag k line.The latter 2 recognised that it was a marelli ecu but nothing else. Vag com just kept saying couldn't establish a baud rate.

Conclusion wiring fault.
No one wants to pay as the car is a pile of scrap but I played as the auto elecs it came from send me a bit of work.

Car now gone, parked in someone elses yard.

Thanks for all the help but there is only so much you can do for a bag of magic beans.