PDA

View Full Version : Please EGR OFF Audi A4.

macloud
15th August, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hi.
I need EGR OFF by SWITCH in my car.
EGR valve is mechanically removed.

Ori file attached.

Regards.

spawns3
16th August, 2012, 12:54 AM
Post the DTC code . Even with the EGR off with switch u still have the dtc code for unpluged EGR .

jolidj
16th August, 2012, 01:37 AM
egr off , post report.

edc
16th August, 2012, 02:02 PM
Post the DTC code . Even with the EGR off with switch u still have the dtc code for unpluged EGR .
when the N18 stays in the car and all cables and hoses , only DTC will be EGR System Regulation Range Exceeded wich should disappear after EGR off

edc
16th August, 2012, 02:03 PM
egr off , post report.

By 8 bit switch ?

jolidj
16th August, 2012, 02:29 PM
yes is egr off. try the file

macloud
16th August, 2012, 04:59 PM
egr off , post report.

I asked for EGR OFF by 8 bit switch ,not by flatten hysteresis maps ... thanks anyway

anyone can help me ?

macloud
16th August, 2012, 06:57 PM

for now EGR is in the car , my mistake will remove it but first want to flash egr switch off file , if everything will be ok , can check on VCDS if its OFF or not maybe Ill leave it or just blank it

bondiblu
16th August, 2012, 07:20 PM
I've not looked at the file yet, but turning the EGR off with 8bit switch on the EDC15P, works fine on a MAP based SL, but if MAF based it appears the whole MAF function is disabled, also the vac pipe going to the EGR needs disconnecting. I actually did this yesterday on a BLT engine, EGR measures 99.6 with VCDS. I know theres more than one single value that can be used to disable EGR but I'm using cowFUN_ARF switch.

This is my findings anyway

macloud
16th August, 2012, 07:40 PM
I've not looked at the file yet, but turning the EGR off with 8bit switch on the EDC15P, works fine on a MAP based SL, but if MAF based it appears the whole MAF function is disabled, also the vac pipe going to the EGR needs disconnecting. I actually did this yesterday on a BLT engine, EGR measures 99.6 with VCDS. I know theres more than one single value that can be used to disable EGR but I'm using cowFUN_ARF switch.

This is my findings anyway

can You do this on my file ?

bondiblu
16th August, 2012, 07:59 PM
can You do this on my file ?

I've done it another way, try it and report back please. As I said above my findings were if running a MAF based smoke limiter, the whole MAF function gets diabled, so basically the ECU runs of a very low pre-defined value, as if it were in safemode, but I had no faults logged.

macloud
16th August, 2012, 09:42 PM
will test and report during weekend

spawns3
18th August, 2012, 06:36 PM
For me the best way and more simple .. disconnect the EGR , and close the DTC code . It's more simple , fast and get the same result . If u turn off in 8 bit switch the MAF continous working , because u have the MAF based Map and in channel 3 u still have the MAF reading .

Cheers