PDA

View Full Version : VOLVO XC90 solution for electronics flickering

kojara
16th August, 2012, 12:10 PM
Comon isue on wolvo xc90 its electronic flickering no dash and all inside eqipment.Problem its in central electronics with relays near driver left leg,its overheating.Just open and remove metal cover above procesor then put all together and ,and upgrade small fan from pc to cooling electronics.No flickering anumore.

Meat-Head
16th August, 2012, 08:31 PM
wicked, can you bump my thread with that please

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/tricks-tips-67505/#post346416

dontzapit
20th August, 2012, 12:13 PM
Comon isue on wolvo xc90 its electronic flickering no dash and all inside eqipment.Problem its in central electronics with relays near driver left leg,its overheating.Just open and remove metal cover above procesor then put all together and ,and upgrade small fan from pc to cooling electronics.No flickering anumore.

are you talking about the Flash Chip? The Flash Chip is getting to Hot?

Meat-Head
20th August, 2012, 02:17 PM
would guess processer, is it covered in green/blue shit - nuke it off

dontzapit
23rd August, 2012, 12:24 PM
would guess processer, is it covered in green/blue shit - nuke it off

the flash is under the metal cover to, its covered in a red shit, i just leave it soaking in acetone for about 10 minutes but that 10 minutes is valuable time to me and the impatient client who rings every f**king 20 minutes to see if there car is finished :fight:

Meat-Head
23rd August, 2012, 02:31 PM
i just leave it soaking in acetone for about 10 minutes but that 10 minutes is valuable time to me and the impatient client who rings every f**king 20 minutes to see if there car is finished :fight:

Whilst on the phone, accidently 'drop' something on his circuit board
so at 'your expense' (and his time) the vechile is off the road longer.

:roflmao:

dontzapit
24th August, 2012, 07:55 AM
Whilst on the phone, accidently 'drop' something on his circuit board
so at 'your expense' (and his time) the vechile is off the road longer.

:roflmao:

great idea, ill remember that for the next client who wants there 2 hour job done in 20 minutes, that will probably be tomorrow so ill let you know the outcome :) you know all the good tricks dont ya, lol

Meat-Head
24th August, 2012, 01:52 PM
:) you know all the good tricks dont ya, lol

Have you EVER seen what i post about what REALLY DOES happen at M-H-M? :roflmao:

Search for 'temple probes' :roflmao:

dontzapit
24th August, 2012, 02:05 PM
Have you EVER seen what i post about what REALLY DOES happen at M-H-M? :roflmao:

Search for 'temple probes' :roflmao:

no but it sounds like an interesting read :)

Meat-Head
24th August, 2012, 06:51 PM
no but it sounds like an interesting read :)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/right-repair-campaign-254783/index2.html#post1455346 :roflmao::roflmao:

jp_olli
29th August, 2012, 08:10 AM
Been repairing tons of CEM units and there is bad solderings around the pcb.

Cooling helps, but it?s just treating the symptom, not the cause.