PDA

View Full Version : AirPlay

griff
16th August, 2012, 07:26 PM
I have a apple tv 3 and want to get use out of it. I was hoping for a jailbrake but doesn't look like it will happen. All my files are mkv and don't want to spend ages converting to mp4. I tried to AirPlay with avplayerhd but only get sound ?? Is there any app to AirPlay mkv videos ?

dell_xps
16th August, 2012, 10:10 PM
There's talk of apple tv 3 jailbreak m8, "@p0sixninja is working on the ATV3 jailbreak", he tweeted that earlier today m8.
HTH

griff
17th August, 2012, 10:09 AM
Ideal. But I read the other day nobody's was working on it ?

griff
17th August, 2012, 11:46 AM
ATV3 jailbreak: I have no news sadly, I'm not currently working on it nor anyone that I'm aware of. Sorry...
That's what pod2g wrote the other day ?

Yumraaj
18th August, 2012, 09:28 AM
Nitotv challenged P0sixnija to jailbreak the ATV3. So far he said the exploit is still there but he's just looking for space for the injection vector.

The thing is the dude talks a lot but don't know if he'll really do it and release for public use or just sell it. lol

griff
18th August, 2012, 03:14 PM
He looks like he is full of it ! Don't know if I am right but from what I understand the only way to inject it is from a bootrom exploit and the only one that was good enough was geoholt !
Did he not leave the dev team ?

Yumraaj
18th August, 2012, 03:59 PM
He looks like he is full of it ! Don't know if I am right but from what I understand the only way to inject it is from a bootrom exploit and the only one that was good enough was geoholt !
Did he not leave the dev team ?

Geohot was never part of the Dev Team and yeah you're right the guy is really full of sh*t.