PDA

View Full Version : Signal Strength Fine, Quality Poor...

placidcasual
17th August, 2012, 05:32 PM
Hi,

I've got a Blade BM7000 HD Receiver. Recently the signal has been poor, leading to picture break-up and at times the dreaded "No or Bad Signal" screen. I'd put it down to the dish being unaligned with wind or something. Now tho I'm not so sure. The signal strength is fine now, however the quality is very poor only on certain frequencies. I've lost a lot of channels and even manually scanning for them is no longer finding them. Could this perhaps be due to water getting into the LNB? It has been absolutely torrential rain up here at times the last few months. Biblical stuff. Anyone any ideas? Cheers in advance...

Manic01
17th August, 2012, 05:41 PM
In cable maybe not lnb.

digicon
17th August, 2012, 05:51 PM
You could always try switching to diseqc 1.2 on your motor and adjusting it manually nudge by nudge so to speak to try and improve the affected signals

placidcasual
17th August, 2012, 05:56 PM
You could always try switching to diseqc 1.2 on your motor and adjusting it manually nudge by nudge so to speak to try and improve the affected signals

That may as well have been in Latin lol The dish isn't really accessible for me and it's not a motorised dish if that's what you meant.

digicon
17th August, 2012, 06:01 PM
That may as well have been in Latin lol The dish isn't really accessible for me and it's not a motorised dish if that's what you meant.

Ok a static dish then as manic stated could be water in the cable or the LNB one of the 2, how old is the dish and are we talking Sly dish