PDA

View Full Version : 5600 Super softcam

bbhs
6th February, 2009, 05:30 PM
This is the first sat one I have looked at so please bear with me.
I am having a dish installed on Saturday (90cm) pointing 1 degree west and I am getting the rx ready.
I have read the stickies and patched the rx using usb data transfer no problem.
I then loaded the latest softcam file using the data transfer option and pressing the yellow button (keys) it then uploads and creates another file on the stick. Is that it or do I reload the new file it created ??
I will be able to check AU etc by leaving it on a scrambled channel to see if it clears tomorrow once the dish is up - just like to prempt things so I can get on tomorrow.
I assume it will generate its channel list once I complete the scan.
Many thanks for any assistance or advice.

.: JaCkPoT :.
6th February, 2009, 05:42 PM
Yep..all sounds good as gold..

bbhs
6th February, 2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for confirming it all - just need to know if I have to press the yellow button and upload the newly created file on the stick or do I just leave it after uploading the one from the DK forum - thanks

benny/9
6th February, 2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for confirming it all - just need to know if I have to press the yellow button and upload the newly created file on the stick or do I just leave it after uploading the one from the DK forum - thanks
to load the softcam you open the folder take the file out
transfer it to the memory stick then put thee stick in the
usb port on the receiver then go to data transfer and click ok
you will now see the softcam file highlighted click>ok again
and the softcam will load on the receiver you dont need to press any of the coloured buttons this is for uploading from the receiver only
ie:chn list to keep a copy on your computer you dont need a softcam copy the next new softcam just over writes the keys that are in the receiver