PDA

View Full Version : Today's Scottish Football Attendances

rds60h
18th August, 2012, 11:42 PM
The total attendance of all 4 Divisions of Scottish Football today excluding the Rangers game was 47,296.
The Rangers attendance was 49,118.
The SPL won't miss Rangers ?

Rodbouy
18th August, 2012, 11:53 PM
The total attendance of all 4 Divisions of Scottish Football today excluding the Rangers game was 47,296.

It was a very good turn out from rangers fans today.

But just to point out. A large home attendance doesn't do anything for anyone other than the home team.

But good none the less

HibbyDave
19th August, 2012, 08:24 AM

East Stirlingshire have one off the biggest away supports in Scotland, I believe there where 49,000 of them there yesterday, fantastic. :proud:

johnboy1974
19th August, 2012, 04:41 PM
A full house at ibrox and there were thousands locked outside too.

colin mckenzie
19th August, 2012, 05:29 PM
Great Crowd for a scottish league game

Sellout at tannadice today as well Dundee United probs sold more tickets than they would if either old firm were in town so to be honest dundee united wont miss rangers as dundee took their place ;-)

and the only firm in glasgow wont miss them when the big champions league nights kick in :-)

but well done rangers didnt think they would get as many fans this year Decent effort.

johnboy1974
20th August, 2012, 06:36 AM
Great Crowd for a scottish league game

Sellout at tannadice today as well Dundee United probs sold more tickets than they would if either old firm were in town so to be honest dundee united wont miss rangers as dundee took their place ;-)

and the only firm in glasgow wont miss them when the big champions league nights kick in :-)

but well done rangers didnt think they would get as many fans this year Decent effort.

Colin yes it was a sellout because it was a derby game and the first Dundee derby for seven years- it remains to be seen if the attendance at tannadice will remain so high right through the season, I think not.

colin mckenzie
20th August, 2012, 08:39 AM
Colin yes it was a sellout because it was a derby game and the first Dundee derby for seven years- it remains to be seen if the attendance at tannadice will remain so high right through the season, I think not.

all im saying john is the games dundee united play against hibs wont be down because rangers are out the league most teams wont notice a big difference to home games other than the game against Rangers.. all im saying is from uniteds perspective that game has been replaced with a derby so over the course of the season dundee and dundee united wont see a negative others will.. but not to the extent rangers fans and the media would have you believe, it was reported i think only caley thistle have sold less season books than last year, the chat is celtic have also sold more this season (champions league probs responsible for that)
why rangers fans feel the need to go on about SPL or or any other attendance other than thier own is baffling the game isnt dead, a tv deal was clinched all the stuff about sky not commiting to anything without gers in the league was nonsense, SPL isnt too badly effected and Scotland WILL have representation in the champions league this year, more clubs playing younger scottish players which should also help, as will lower league teams benefit from a large traveling support from NEWCO.

cgscott
20th August, 2012, 09:52 AM
Maybe this was all a conspiracy to sort out the state of Scottish Football :eek:

But yes it is good. Away teams will benifit greatly from Rangers travelling fans and over the next few years we will see a much better 1st 2nd and 3rd division in scottish football. As for the SPL it will be the same. Hearts and Dundee United in good stead to challenge for 1st :)

SIMPLY THE BEST
20th August, 2012, 01:45 PM
This attendance at the weekend shows what the SPL will be missing till Rangers get back and for the rest of scottish football it will be a good thing short term anyway.

All that remains to be seen is how much it will affect the SPL clubs who are ready as usual to blame Rangers for anything and everything regarding the state of there own houses.

The SPL has been on a slow decline for years and so has the rest of scottish football this is just plain fact and whatever Rangers have done they will be seen as the main instigators of the woes of the SPL (as per usual) and the chairmen will soon be bemoaning this fact if it comes to fruition that any SPL club end up in dire straits.

Of course nothing will be said of there own incompetence of running a football club and as i say they will be quick to blame Rangers for there own short comings and if they are relying on only 2 clubs to keep them afloat well on a business level that is very precarious and very short sighted of the SPL chairmen.

People have been saying that the SPL will suffer from what has happened to Rangers and could be severely weakened by it that remains to be seen but imho it was already severely weakened and getting worse every year what has happened has just highlighted how badly run Scottish football is in the top flight.

The old saying is you reap what you sow and as far as the SPL chairmen are concerned they are reaping what they have sown and tbh they are reaping more chaff than wheat by what has happened to Rangers but they will blame the combine harvester as usual and not the driver of said vehicle.

colin mckenzie
20th August, 2012, 01:54 PM
to be honest the only people reaping what they have sown are the team who went into administration then liquadation due to poor management, dont forget other punishments are still to come for allegedly breaking rules,

johnboy1974
20th August, 2012, 03:03 PM
Maybe this was all a conspiracy to sort out the state of Scottish Football :eek:

But yes it is good. Away teams will benifit greatly from Rangers travelling fans and over the next few years we will see a much better 1st 2nd and 3rd division in scottish football. As for the SPL it will be the same. Hearts and Dundee United in good stead to challenge for 1st :)

Cg what makes you think hearts and Dundee utd can challenge for first?- when was the last time they challenged at all in the league. Celtic will win by however many points they want and they won't even need to spend any money to do it.

cgscott
20th August, 2012, 03:51 PM
They dont have us to take 12 points from them ;)

DOUGALMCD
20th August, 2012, 06:03 PM
All the conspiracies are locked up in the back of your van methinks cg. lol

SIMPLY THE BEST
20th August, 2012, 07:52 PM
to be honest the only people reaping what they have sown are the team who went into administration then liquadation due to poor management, dont forget other punishments are still to come for allegedly breaking rules,

Lets move on shall we i know it's hard for u lot because there is nothing really left for you to bang on about now, but lets try and move on from the usual flogging a dead horse scenario.
lol

johnboy1974
20th August, 2012, 08:11 PM
They dont have us to take 12 points from them ;)

Ha Ha point taken but if only. United were deffo one of our bogey teams in the spl.

colin mckenzie
20th August, 2012, 08:13 PM
Lets move on shall we i know it's hard for u lot because there is nothing really left for you to bang on about now, but lets try and move on from the usual flogging a dead horse scenario.
lol

your right i wish my club was challenging for the 3rd division being run by a clown, this being ran by a lifelong fan with a life long fan as chief exec in the top league with champions league to look forward to is rotten.. :-)

SIMPLY THE BEST
20th August, 2012, 09:53 PM
your right i wish my club was challenging for the 3rd division being run by a clown, this being ran by a lifelong fan with a life long fan as chief exec in the top league with champions league to look forward to is rotten.. :-)

Can't quite see what u are getting at here but as usual drivel does come easily to u lot lol lol lol