PDA

View Full Version : Quality of the Eaglebox HD800

mrblue
19th August, 2012, 08:56 AM
I am thinking of replacing my dm500s with an eaglebox hd800. They are about the same price but you get hd, usb, record, etc on the eaglebox.

Im just wondering if all these features in a very modestly priced box are stable and work as they should.

I have a vu solo in the living room and had a duo at a time aswell, but to be honest I think the dm500s is probably the most reliable box Ive worked with...

digicon
19th August, 2012, 06:40 PM
I am thinking of replacing my dm500s with an eaglebox hd800. They are about the same price but you get hd, usb, record, etc on the eaglebox.

Im just wondering if all these features in a very modestly priced box are stable and work as they should.

I have a vu solo in the living room and had a duo at a time aswell, but to be honest I think the dm500s is probably the most reliable box Ive worked with...

Never had one but i assume you do realise these are closed source receivers and not as adaptable as your DM500s,Solo,Duo

mdt
19th August, 2012, 07:28 PM
problem is the team behind them!! will the support last? although for the price as a box for running softcams or client lines it seems a bargain but if you want reliable with great support then maybe another solo or similar linux stb. regards mdt

Manic01
19th August, 2012, 08:40 PM
Eagle hd 800 ?49 from some places.
I've had 800 and mini.
Currently using openbox S9 and TM5402 amongst others.