PDA

View Full Version : Help with Hi-Grade Laptop Please.

Salami
6th February, 2009, 09:23 PM
I am trying to fix my mate? laptop (Hi-Grade VA250D) , can anyone advice how to reset it to manufacturer settings please there is a partition with 13 GB data but how can I get to it I tried all function keys but no joy any help would be appreciated. ThanX:coffee:

dell_xps
6th February, 2009, 11:54 PM
I am trying to fix my mate? laptop (Hi-Grade VA250D) , can anyone advice how to reset it to manufacturer settings please there is a partition with 13 GB data but how can I get to it I tried all function keys but no joy any help would be appreciated. ThanX:coffee:

Try F8 as it's booting, safe mode see if you can do anyhting from there m8.Or try pressing the delete key see if it lets you into the bios,then see if you can select anything from there.
Long shot but worth a go.

Salami
7th February, 2009, 12:08 AM
Try F8 as it's booting, safe mode see if you can do anyhting from there m8.Or try pressing the delete key see if it lets you into the bios,then see if you can select anything from there.
Long shot but worth a go.

Hi Dell,
Thanx M8 for your reply, I have tried F8 for safe mode and also the system utility through Delete button and no joy usually is one of the function keys (F9, F10, F11 or F12) do the trick but this Lappy is rubbish should be named (Low-Grade) well is not rated in the Market as you know Just hoping that someone has a manual for it may provide me with an answer.
You are a gentlemen M8 thanx for your time and will speak to you soon.

dell_xps
7th February, 2009, 02:22 AM
Hi-Grade Computers' Technical FAQ (http://www.higrade.com/faq_2.html#ND3)

Sais F10 there m8, worth a look.
Good luck.

I want to run the F10 Recovery but pressing F10 when prompted does nothing. My system has a USB keyboard
Turn the system on and then start tapping the DELETE key until the system should display a blue setup screen. Use the cursor / arrow keys to highlight INTEGRATED PERIPHERIALS and then press ENTER. Now highlight the VIA ON-CHIP PCI DEVICE (this option will vary slightly from different systems) option and press ENTER.

Now highlight the USB EMULATION option and press ENTER. A list of options should now appear, highlight KB/MS and then press ENTER. Finally press F10 followed by ENTER to save and exit out of this screen. You should now be able to run the F10 Recovery option when prompted.

Salami
9th February, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hi-Grade Computers' Technical FAQ (http://www.higrade.com/faq_2.html#ND3)

Sais F10 there m8, worth a look.
Good luck.

I want to run the F10 Recovery but pressing F10 when prompted does nothing. My system has a USB keyboard
Turn the system on and then start tapping the DELETE key until the system should display a blue setup screen. Use the cursor / arrow keys to highlight INTEGRATED PERIPHERIALS and then press ENTER. Now highlight the VIA ON-CHIP PCI DEVICE (this option will vary slightly from different systems) option and press ENTER.

Now highlight the USB EMULATION option and press ENTER. A list of options should now appear, highlight KB/MS and then press ENTER. Finally press F10 followed by ENTER to save and exit out of this screen. You should now be able to run the F10 Recovery option when prompted.

Hi Dell,

Cheers M8 that was help full but I will try it an other time.
I managed to get a recovery CD copy frome a friend who uses exactlly the same laptop run on Vista Home Basic and worked.

If any member needs a copy of it I can upload it to file sharing and post a link of it in PC software.
Dell you are a great helper M8 thank you so much.

pob639
19th October, 2009, 05:48 PM
HI salami
I know this is a old post but im having same problem you had months ago formatting your m8's hi grade va250d vista home basic laptop and i need a copy of the restore disc if you still have it ?

thanks in advance pob639

ive also pm you just in case you miss this message

Salami
19th October, 2009, 07:51 PM
HI salami
I know this is a old post but im having same problem you had months ago formatting your m8's hi grade va250d vista home basic laptop and i need a copy of the restore disc if you still have it ?

thanks in advance pob639

ive also pm you just in case you miss this message

That is fine I have received your PM and replyed to it.
Yes I still got the Recovery CD's for Hi-Grade Laptop and I don't mind to send you a Copy of them M8.
Cheers: Salami

Tommy123Tommy
19th October, 2009, 08:08 PM
hello mate

I used to have a high grade lappy, my first desktop was a highgrade, still going strong , im sure its f5 f6 you want to be pressing.

Evil Taylor
17th November, 2009, 08:39 PM
Hi guys needing some help with the same laptop, problem is I cant get it to boot from the cd drive it has vista but it is passworded so I cant get in, need a recovery disc and some help on getting it to boot. I have changed the boot priority but it still wont work with the xp disc i am using.

Its definately not the disc I am using as I've previously used it on a number of pc's.

plethorapurity
23rd December, 2009, 10:57 PM
Hi all,

I too am having problems with a "Hi" Grade laptop my sister has: Taking half an hour to boot properly, missing file. and worst of all no recovery disk.

Have you still got that disk Salami, and if so could you kindly send it along to me, so I can fix this heap of junk for my sister?

Many thanks in advance. I've also sent this message in a PM too.

Regards,

Phil

Salami
25th December, 2009, 03:39 AM
Hi all,

I too am having problems with a "Hi" Grade laptop my sister has: Taking half an hour to boot properly, missing file. and worst of all no recovery disk.

Have you still got that disk Salami, and if so could you kindly send it along to me, so I can fix this heap of junk for my sister?

Many thanks in advance. I've also sent this message in a PM too.

Regards,

Phil

Yes I do in deed and is a great pleasure to help M8 I have read your PM and as soon as you reply to it the recovery DVD for HI-Grade will be on it's way to you and any one else who has the same request more than welcome.
I have had lots of help from this forum and I am willing to do the same for others.
What a Forum guys is the best forum in the village that is full of good friends even we never meet before.

Hey Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year when it comes Guys
Salami. :thrasher::party :

Reapers
25th December, 2009, 10:24 PM
youd may like to thank dell_xps (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/22599-dell_xps/) for that great info on about recovery disk problems and other soultions.

Hi-Grade Computers' Technical FAQ (http://www.higrade.com/faq_2.htm#ND3)

any use to anyone

Hi-Grade VA250D Manual's

Vista manual

pdf

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/Vista/Manual/Vista_VA250D_Manual_Ver1.0.pdf

download zip

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/Vista/Manual/Vista_VA250D_Manual_Ver1.0.zip

XP manual

pdf

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/WinXP/Manual/XP_VA250D_Manual_Ver2.0.pdf

download zip

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/WinXP/Manual/XP_VA250D_Manual_Ver2.0.zip

Riverwalks
28th January, 2010, 12:18 AM
:coffin:

Hi, I have a problem with the VA205d.
I tried to install Vista SP1 but this failed during the install. I now have a corrupt Vista installation, could I please get a copy of the recovery disc from Salami.
Thanks.

Salami
29th January, 2010, 05:57 PM
:coffin:

Hi, I have a problem with the VA205d.
I tried to install Vista SP1 but this failed during the install. I now have a corrupt Vista installation, could I please get a copy of the recovery disc from Salami.
Thanks.

Hi,

More than welcome M8 but the recovery tools are for Hi-Grade va250p just give it a try

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f94/hi-grade-recovery-dvds-89205/

silaneman
14th April, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hi Dell,

Cheers M8 that was help full but I will try it an other time.
I managed to get a recovery CD copy frome a friend who uses exactlly the same laptop run on Vista Home Basic and worked.

If any member needs a copy of it I can upload it to file sharing and post a link of it in PC software.
Dell you are a great helper M8 thank you so much.
hi
I desperatly need a recovery disk for a Hi grade va250d, system crashing on boot (bsod).
I have tried vista recovery (iso image on cd) but unable to repair says I have a bad driver.
any ideas or help would be appreciated.
regards
tim

bobnum2
16th April, 2010, 12:46 AM
Hi Salami, i know it's a long shot but do you still have a copy of the recovery cd for the hi grade laptop vista, have tried everywhere but just seen your post. hope you can help. cheers Bob

loobie
11th May, 2010, 07:10 PM
hey salami any chance you can send me the recovery disc please, i reinstalled windows vista on my friends laptop but now it wont connect to the internet.

thank you

jadey1990
27th July, 2010, 07:21 PM
hello,
Please can I get a copy of this recovery disc?

tubby22
5th March, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hi I have a hi grade laptop on windows vista and im in desperate need of a recovery cd, please can u help?

thanks

tubby22
5th March, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hi have u got a copy of hi grade windows vista reboot disk by any chance because the f10 option doesnt work for me

thanks

Deltaduke101
27th April, 2012, 06:01 PM
I know this is a old post but i'm having same problem you had months ago formatting your m8's hi grade va250d vista home basic laptop and i need a copy of the restore disc if you still have it ?

if you have please could you find it in your heart to give me a copy thanks.

please note i am a noob when it comes to things on forums .

can any one tell me how to burn this cd to usb as the cd/dvd on this machine does not work thanks again

Delta :sheep:

namunro
17th June, 2012, 01:20 PM
Salami,

I am looking for a set of the recovery disks you mention for Hi Grade VA250, My missus voluntered me to fix her friends laptop.. Argh!!! Nightmare. I can see the hidden partition but cannot find anyway to access this during boot, I have tried all the normal solutions, but to no avail.

Many Thanks in advance if indeed you still have the disks

chris31560
17th June, 2012, 01:33 PM
hold in alt+f10 at the same time upon boot up that should work..chris.. correction hold in alt and keep tapping f10 button..

namunro
17th June, 2012, 06:41 PM
Many Thanks for this Chris, I'm afraid I have already tried this (Alt F10) and this does not work. This Laptop is proving to be a nightmare.

I think my last resort are those disks.

Thanks again.

Neil

As for the Thanks button I cannot see it, otherwise I would of course pressed it..

lagerland
18th June, 2012, 01:49 PM
Only other option is f8 which works on toshibas it gives you a list of options.Looking on google its saying its only possible with the recovery disc,so its looking like you may have to do a fresh install..........................

Update check this link m8 it may help................

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

namunro
18th June, 2012, 07:24 PM
Lagerland Many Thanks for F8 comment, tried this already, I think I need the recovery disks but they are proving very difficult to locate.

Does anybody know where they can be found...

Thanks, in advance.

lagerland
19th June, 2012, 07:59 AM
Lagerland Many Thanks for F8 comment, tried this already, I think I need the recovery disks but they are proving very difficult to locate.

Does anybody know where they can be found...

Thanks, in advance.

Did you not check the link i put up....................

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

COME ON ENGLAND............:unionflag:

naboo
19th June, 2012, 09:56 PM
sometimes you just can't get into the recovery partition to restore the unit back to its factory defaults.
Booting the system from a boot cd like Gparted and setting the recovery partition as the boot partition gives the system a kick so that when the system is restarted it boots straight into the recovery partition - tried and tested many times