PDA

View Full Version : Would this work right in WinOLS?

Ferrero
20th August, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hi @all..!
I try to tune my Alfa 156 jtd 16v with EDC16C8 ecu.

I read out the data area of my ECU with MPPS v12 clone.
This worked without a problem.. :)

A friend already did a remap at a tuner and send me his file.
He has the same car and engine, also EDC16C8 only 2 years newer.

His file has more parts read out than just the data area, but as far as I understand data area is enough.

So what I did now is to create a new project in WinOLS using my MPPS bin file as original. I moved all maps recognized by WinOLS to "my maps". Then I imported my friends tuning file and opened the wizard for importing changes from the imported file.

I selected all maps with the "absolute import option". In the next step I did not select any "data area import" because I was not sure if this causes problems.

Then I saved the new bin file and since this is the first time doing this I wonder if this could work. I uploaded my original mpps file and my "tuning result". It would be great if someone could give me a feedback on this one.. :)

By the way:
The tuner changed the file of my friend, so that he has 25NM more and the EGR/AGR off and optimized fuel usage.

So this is what I also try to achieve since we cannot get in contact to the tuner anymore :beerglass:

mario38
20th August, 2012, 07:14 AM
missing important maps and others were taken ill ..
example egr is not off

Ferrero
20th August, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks so its not that easy to use the tuning of my friend.. Is there a other way to get his settings imported? I also can upload his tuning file when this helps ...