PDA

View Full Version : Galletto or KWP2000 ?

the_big_d
20th August, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hi people, I'm looking at getting one of these (or maybe something else), what are the pros & cons of both of them & which one is better. Will be hoping to be able to chiptune & remove DPF's & EGR's. Do I need different software to operate them. What else can i do with them ?
Any advice welcome.

the_big_d
24th August, 2012, 11:16 AM
Has nobody got any advice or recomendations on this ??

bondiblu
24th August, 2012, 02:00 PM
Has nobody got any advice or recomendations on this ??

Get an MPPS IMHO. Also depends what cars you want to do, if you wanting to do DPF's think again, get a decent BDM.

Once you've sorted hardware, then you need to sort software and then the biggy, KNOWLEDGE is probably a pre-requisite

the_big_d
24th August, 2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for your input, i'll look into the MPPS.
So this is no good for DPF removal ? whats a BDM ?

physyc
26th August, 2012, 03:30 PM
first tell what cars do you want to work on?

mario38
26th August, 2012, 04:31 PM
mpps, galletto, kwp etc. need only to read / write does not remove DPF or EGR

Meat-Head
27th August, 2012, 06:43 PM
Just buy the lot for the cost and the hassle one can do and the other can't

Beside they look GREAT spread out on the bar down the pub, your friends - both of them - then think your really cool.

the_big_d
27th August, 2012, 11:15 PM
first tell what cars do you want to work on?
I mainly deal with PSA cars but would like to ba able to do others aswell.

mpps, galletto, kwp etc. need only to read / write does not remove DPF or EGR
Can you not use any of these with ECU safe to remove DPF funtion of ECU's ?

Beside they look GREAT spread out on the bar down the pub, your friends - both of them - then think your really cool.
I'd be a bit of a legend in the pub with that lot, do you think they would work on the fruit machines ? Try & recoup the cost of them back & then I could buy my 2 mates a drink aswell :beerglass:

Meat-Head
30th August, 2012, 08:03 PM
I'd be a bit of a legend in the pub with that lot, do you think they would work on the fruit machines ? :beerglass:

Pop / vending machine lock pick, tubular locks, picking barrel locks (http://www.lockpickguide.com/vendingmachinelockpick.html) :roflmao: