PDA

View Full Version : vista or xp

uglybloke1
11th May, 2008, 06:16 PM
what is better windows vista or windows xp i think vista is better what do others think:elefant:

Jaffa
11th May, 2008, 06:18 PM
I think Vista is a resource hogger, it uses more battery life and thats no good if you use a laptop.

It pissed me off so I went back to XP. Wont matter anyway when Windows 7 comes out.

doobiest
11th May, 2008, 06:20 PM
vista definately resource hungry, i have it on dual boot but only used it for a week, it's pretty and thats about it.

good old xp pro for me for now.

misses has it on her lappy and likes it.....but beiing a girlie pretty wins hands down over everything else.

biffo1
11th May, 2008, 06:21 PM
i like both so duel boot on my lappy and my main pc , i put vista on after xp , i run vista 64 ultimate , on my main pc , i have 4 gig of ram and it runs very smoothly and reconises my whole 4 gig , which xp dont , u need @ least a gig of ram to run vista , IMO have both if u can lol

Raven
12th May, 2008, 12:28 AM
Honestly while I am not saying Vista is better than XP, I cannot go back now I'm too used to Vista....Sure XP is out and out the best OS for compatibility, stuff just works in XP end of story, but XP isn't without it's issues either, and although Vista has given me a few problems in it's time due to compatibility or whatever else it's not too often an occurance for me...sometimes when I see people complaining about Vista I sometimes get the impression that it's almost as if XP was the only OS in existence without any problems ever whereas Vista is the only OS in existence with nothing but problems always.

XP has it's problems, but Vista isn't that bad.
If it were I'd go back to XP.

And Vista does look pretty, lol.

pawnhawk
12th May, 2008, 10:11 AM
I have tried vista, but some of my hardware would not work with it and no drivers available yet, besides I much prefered XP so easy to work with. There is a movement of people trying to keep XP going and to keep the updates, but I supose Bill will pull the plug eventually and force us all onto vista or what ever comes next.

McMav
12th May, 2008, 01:41 PM
Use Vista at work alongside XP but for home machines its XP only. Still prefer xp.

C64
12th May, 2008, 01:52 PM
Vista is pretty but that's where the benefits stop.

There is absolutely no real reason for anyone to upgrade to it, it doesn't do anything that WinXP can't do, the only difference being that XP will do the same task quicker and use up much less resources.

McMav
12th May, 2008, 03:36 PM
Vista is pretty but that's where the benefits stop.

There is absolutely no real reason for anyone to upgrade to it, it doesn't do anything that WinXP can't do, the only difference being that XP will do the same task quicker and use up much less resources.

To be fair it does do dx10 but xp can do dx10 just M$ wont allow if as they have to seell ME2 to the masses