PDA

View Full Version : sitecom broadband router 54g

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 01:22 AM
hi i was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge of ..sitecom broadband router 54 g with detachable antenna ..802.11g/2.4 Ghz with built in 4port switch and dongle ..adsl.......bought from maplins for 29.99.....i ve set it up...not too difficult....put disc in click on install drives and wait till it tells u to put dongle in ..went ok...click on wireless conection install sitecom wireless and this went ok... connected to web....worked very briefly for a minute or so then was extremely slow then webpages/sites would part cum up then after another minute no web pages /sites would cum up but it would still say it was connected to sitecom wireless connection and radio frequency was excellent.....when i removed the dongle it was extremely hot....any ideas anyone?....wat r maplins returns policy like?it says on reciept return if unopened but surely how r u gonna tell if something is faulty by leavin iyt in the box ? lol..would appreciate any advice or views on this subject,,,bigfella

caveman_nige
8th February, 2009, 01:39 AM
trade desciptions act... 'not fit for purpose'

However the shop will probably ask that you give it to them to check, in whch case be sure you know the serial number before you let them test it..

I would start by talking to sitecoms tech support service first and see what they recommend... make notes of what they say and if you go back to maplins you will be armed with the info they may try and bluff you off with. Not had to take anyhitng back to them myself so I am not sure of how they handle returns... But you can say that you are not satisfied with it and demand a refund... Remember the law states that your contract is with the seller and not the manufacturer... but never be fobbed off by any seller...

Read the trading standards website mate, google is your friend...

bigfella
8th February, 2009, 06:22 PM
hi m8 just lettin u kno maplins returned my cash ..no probs wat so ever.....makes u think does nt it ?/ i d prob wouldnt reccommend this router to any one