PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 E36 US Spec

peregrine
27th August, 2012, 10:50 PM
Hi,

Can anyone please help with a tuned file for this car?
HW: 1406464
SW: 1202
Ecu is a Siemens but the car is not listed in MPPS so I read it as a BMW M3 3.2 euro and as 328.

antonelllo
28th August, 2012, 08:04 PM
I think that is a bad read! Have you another hw for read that car??

mrf
28th August, 2012, 10:02 PM
That read is fine for tuning. Both the files you attached are exactly the same and are 24kb each.

The biggest problem with tuning this ECU is correcting the checksum.
Download Checksums (http://www.evc.de/en/download/down_check_detail.asp?cksName=OLS227)

We need that. The latest I have is OLS227.dll v2.02. But as you can see, they updated the checksum corrector recently. It's really odd that it took them 10 years to figure that out. Did no one tune MS41.1 between then and 2011?

filecloud
28th August, 2012, 10:56 PM
That read is fine for tuning. Both the files you attached are exactly the same and are 24kb each.

The biggest problem with tuning this ECU is correcting the checksum.
Download Checksums (http://www.evc.de/en/download/down_check_detail.asp?cksName=OLS227)

We need that. The latest I have is OLS227.dll v2.02. But as you can see, they updated the checksum corrector recently. It's really odd that it took them 10 years to figure that out. Did no one tune MS41.1 between then and 2011?

Rubbish.
People that have tuned these cars SUCCESSFULLY in the past decades also know pretty well how to calculate the checksum on MS41.0 and 41.1 ecus by hand!
Since it is so hard to find addidional horsepowers and torque on these engines it requires to study the hard and software pretty long. And there is only a handful of software versions.
But newest ols checksum covers the US M3 perfect. As full read or as part OBD read like here.
greetings,
filecloud

mrf
28th August, 2012, 11:09 PM
Rubbish.
People that have tuned these cars SUCCESSFULLY in the past decades also know pretty well how to calculate the checksum on MS41.0 and 41.1 ecus by hand!
Since it is so hard to find addidional horsepowers and torque on these engines it requires to study the hard and software pretty long. And there is only a handful of software versions.
But newest ols checksum covers the US M3 perfect. As full read or as part OBD read like here.
greetings,
filecloud
Very glad to read that!

So does the older ols checksum correct the partial 24kb read properly?
How do you correct the checksum manually? I'd like to write a TunerPro plugin for it.

Regarding the 24kB file, every single one that I've looked at always starts with 4E 00 FF FF. I've been looking at how checksums are calculated and often times it's in the following syntax (start address, end address, expected sum). Does a similar syntax hold true here? Is one of the checksums, the sum of x004E to xFFFF?

peregrine
28th August, 2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Checksum I should be ok as I feel I can solve this on my side, can anyone kindly help with a good tuned file? I am not familar with this car in any way.

Thanks,

Morette
29th August, 2012, 12:20 AM
Sometimes you will get a glitch with winols, and it will show the Chk location in different colours (higher / lower) but the numbers are the same, as it is trying to hide them.

filecloud
29th August, 2012, 07:56 AM
Sometimes you will get a glitch with winols, and it will show the Chk location in different colours (higher / lower) but the numbers are the same, as it is trying to hide them.

Glitch is not present on actual winols and would not help either on real crc checksums.
greetings,
filecloud

mrf
29th August, 2012, 09:00 PM
I have a 1996 US Spec E36 M3 as well. It seems to be the same software version as your car. But I think the previous owner installed a 'Shark Injector Software' at some point because some of the maps are slightly different. A majority of the ones are the same though. The MAF scaling for example is exactly the same.

I'm in the process of figuring out the various maps and there are LOTS of them in here that I've been able to find. Unfortunately, I don't know what all of them do. Some of them are well documented on the internet if you search long and hard.

Anyway, here is my file which is 'tuned' compared to a stock ROM. Rename to .bin.

Let me know if you notice any improvement in the way the car drives.

peregrine
29th August, 2012, 11:03 PM
I have a 1996 US Spec E36 M3 as well. It seems to be the same software version as your car. But I think the previous owner installed a 'Shark Injector Software' at some point because some of the maps are slightly different. A majority of the ones are the same though. The MAF scaling for example is exactly the same.

I'm in the process of figuring out the various maps and there are LOTS of them in here that I've been able to find. Unfortunately, I don't know what all of them do. Some of them are well documented on the internet if you search long and hard.

Anyway, here is my file which is 'tuned' compared to a stock ROM. Rename to .bin.

Hi,

Thanks will let you know. Please find the one I made seems a bit better than stock will see in the next few days.

mexanico1971
30th August, 2012, 12:19 AM
http://motronic.ws/

mrf
30th August, 2012, 03:00 AM
http://motronic.ws/
Thanks but those are all for Bosch ECUS right?

The car we're talking about has a Siemens MS41. Is there information regarding this ECU on that site you posted?

There is some checksum information there. Does that apply to MS41?
http://www.pro2dme.com/checksum.htm
What style checksum does the MS41 use? Is it 'Multiple Ranges'?

bomj911
21st January, 2019, 05:02 AM

Would you still have this tune, the one posted will not let me down lode it.