PDA

View Full Version : allison md3060

han2542
29th August, 2012, 05:06 PM
would like to see if any one could help have a fleet of shool busses whit md3060 transmissions and i have a question if this are 6 or 5 gears i recently purchase a new ecm for one and the driver tells me that before the repair the bus was 5 gears and was ok now its 6 gears and doesnt move fast enough and wont go up any hill i dont think this could be the problem but i am kind of lost on this one engine model is 3116 caterpillar non electronic and i just dont know where start whit the gear thing if any one could point me in the right way i really apreciate it i do have allison doc for pc but dont know if this can be reprogram whit this or i have to use some thing else the bus year is 1996
thanks again to all in the forum for their help :fight:

kitty-hawk
29th August, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think you have a bad calibration, if you have a fleet of buses you can try another TCM.

Compare the CIN in old and new TCM.

For reprogram a TCM you need Allison_TCM_reflash.

han2542
29th August, 2012, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=kitty-hawk;1677244]I think you have a bad calibration, if you have a fleet of buses you can try another TCM.

Compare the CIN in old and new TCM.

For reprogram a TCM you need Allison_TCM_reflash.[/QUOTE

then am going cracy whit this because i did gave the transmission model and vin number when ordering and this is what the sent here in the caribean its kind of hard to get this done fast do you know where could i get the allison tcm if its posible and what would i need to reprogram this calibration
thanks a million for the post and the help:bounce:

kitty-hawk
29th August, 2012, 06:05 PM
First you should control the CIN of calibrations.

have you check stored fault in tcm ?

han2542
29th August, 2012, 06:18 PM
First you should control the CIN of calibrations.

have you check stored fault in tcm ?
will connect to it and post any codes
thanks

kitty-hawk
29th August, 2012, 06:46 PM
Check if TPS work fine.

han2542
29th August, 2012, 07:50 PM
Check if TPS work fine.
only found code 21-12 present and i erased it but it keeps coming back

kitty-hawk
29th August, 2012, 08:15 PM
You have a problem with TPS or engine throttle.
Follow this steps.

han2542
29th August, 2012, 10:17 PM
You have a problem with TPS or engine throttle.
Follow this steps.
ok so i just notice this is a full electronic caterpillar engine replaced the tps on the bus from another unit that didnt have the problem and still has the same code is there a second tps for the transmission some were else any help would be great .
p.s
i wonder if this is the real problem, why it doesnt have any torque if any one could explain what is the relation to the problem would be really great

kitty-hawk
30th August, 2012, 10:09 AM
Can you post the CIN of old tcm and the CIN of new tcm ?
Can you try a TCM with 5 speed calibration ?

For the trouble code of TPS check the "counts" at idle and full throttle.

han2542
30th August, 2012, 12:25 PM
Can you post the CIN of old tcm and the CIN of new tcm ?
Can you try a TCM with 5 speed calibration ?

For the trouble code of TPS check the "counts" at idle and full throttle.
i dont know what is the cin but if it was on the old tcm i dont have it i had to send the old tcm as core the new one i just have to pull it out to see the information is there
as for the 5 speed calibration the driver keeps teeling me that the bus was 5 speed not 6 i am trying to find another bus with the same calibration to see if i can change the tcm and try it out. this is a thomas body saf-t-liner bus with caterpillar engine .
i do have allison doc but i dont know if this can be used to do the reprograming please let me know and if some in the forum has a 5 speed calibration and the know how i am more than willing to try
again thanks a million for all the help and advise
:trytofly:

kitty-hawk
30th August, 2012, 07:37 PM
CIN : Calibration Information Number.

Can you post the CIN of new TCM ?

Why did you change the TCM ?