PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT Dash 8N1 920 930 M

mun100
31st August, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hi all.

I've a Audi TT cluster with a problem, iy you don't disconnect the cluster, it drains the battery. So I've decided to open to check it. First I saw is that the mcu MC68HC908AZ60 (2J74Y) was removed and resoldered, so I assume that this is the cause. The mcu has a label with this data:

SW8.42
HC08 HL

Originally I think to swap the cluster, but using Vag K+CAN commander 1.4 I can't get the pin or kms, I only get the attached dump. However the cluster works, the only problem is the battery drain.

Can anybody send me the pin number please? and one last question, I've seen to sold that mcus, can you recommend me a programmer to read that mcu and write the new one for replace?.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

honingkoning
31st August, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hi all.

I've a Audi TT cluster with a problem, iy you don't disconnect the cluster, it drains the battery. So I've decided to open to check it. First I saw is that the mcu MC68HC908AZ60 (2J74Y) was removed and resoldered, so I assume that this is the cause. The mcu has a label with this data:

SW8.42
HC08 HL

Originally I think to swap the cluster, but using Vag K+CAN commander 1.4 I can't get the pin or kms, I only get the attached dump. However the cluster works, the only problem is the battery drain.

Can anybody send me the pin number please? and one last question, I've seen to sold that mcus, can you recommend me a programmer to read that mcu and write the new one for replace?.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

For repairing 908 mcu you need etl or carprog.
And for pin you must read 912 mcu.

k+can will not help you on this dash it might kill it so dont try to program something

Regards Adam

mun100
31st August, 2012, 10:12 PM
Thank you very much for the help. So I assume that carprog will fix the 908 firmware and doesn't need to be replaced, am i right?

Thanks again and best regards.