PDA

View Full Version : ecm titanium. ori files and drivers

taiajam
31st August, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi all,

Ive got ecm titanium 1.61 and a shitload of files.

original and tuned and drivers etc....
Original files loaded are automaticly connected with the corret driver....BUT...
Finding the correct original file in the database seems like a crazy puzzle to me.

since i tuned vr6 reguarly (not with ecm titanium) i will give the example for a vr6

e.g. VW Golf3 VR6 AAA engine
ecu code 021 906 258 bk.
chip type: 27c512

Now... in ecm titanium jou need
- a driver,
- a ori file.

in ecm titanium the driversearch finds already 13 drivers for only the GOLF 3.
ECU types bosch m2.7 and m2.9 and m3.81 etc.. so that rules some out.
but the names like v969_938, v571_910, etc.... doenst seems to look like anything...

any help?

Morette
31st August, 2012, 09:29 PM
you get the ori, load it, and it will detect the right driver file.

J_amb_o
31st August, 2012, 09:30 PM
You will never tune a car correctly with ECU titanium so no need to worry about drivers!

taiajam
2nd September, 2012, 11:51 PM
@ morette: I know to load the ori file or stock binfile. but it actually does not always finds the corresponding driver. althoug it is listed in the drivers list.

thats why i tested it with the vr6's which i have experience with.

i noticed ecm titanium searches by checksum from the original file. so if the driver has another location for the cheksum, it doesnt find the driver. maybe this is a good thing to make it idiot proof, but i know the driver can be used althoug the cheksum is inanother loaction. ( i dont even know it it will calculate correct by using ecm titanium... and assume it doesnt...

@ J_amb_o:

I dont tune with ecmtitanium, cos i dont trust the drivers and whatever it offers...
I'd rather stick to the programs im used to.

I also downloaded some "Tuned files" Orifinal files and whatever kind of files in a bunch. to me its all just crap.. how ever there is a map with *.DRV files, which seems to be somekind of drivers. does any1 know what to do with those files?

taiajam
3rd September, 2012, 12:06 AM
srry... double post..