PDA

View Full Version : David Templeton

skegsagypsy
1st September, 2012, 08:51 AM
I am reliably informed that Temps has tripled his wages by going to sevco in div3 sfl, how can this be possible, surely an SPL club should be paying much better than a div3 club. Can't blame the lad even though I believe it to be a retrograde step at a vital stage in his football career, obviously ?? is more important than ambition, good luck to him but a poor move imho.

southpaw83
1st September, 2012, 10:28 AM
I think players are being told they will be back in the SPL next season. Which makes you wonder why they are saying that

cgscott
1st September, 2012, 08:21 PM
Not next season. 3 years. Also what does it matter how his wages are paid. As long as its above board. Whats to say im not a millionaire and have donated Rangers the money to cover his wages.

All that matters is that the deal is done. 4 years. He obviously has faith in playing for what is going to be in a short space of time one of the biggest clubs in scotland again.

Thanks for keeping us rangers fans up to date on our affairs again.

Mucho Gracis.

:)

skegsagypsy
1st September, 2012, 08:29 PM
Not next season. 3 years. Not if sevco don't win away

Also what does it matter how his wages are paid. As long as its above board. Thats the question though, is it all above board ?

Whats to say im not a millionaire and have donated Rangers the money to cover his wages.
Your NOT though!

All that matters is that the deal is done. 4 years. He obviously has faith in playing for what is going to be in a short space of time one of the biggest clubs in scotland again. Either that or he's just a greedy f?ker with no ambition, and has made a complete shoite of what could have been a very good career.

Thanks for keeping us rangers fans up to date on our affairs again.

Mucho Gracis.
The post was directly about D Templeton indirectly about sevco but your welcome to join in ;)
:)

cgscott
1st September, 2012, 08:55 PM
Who cares. Stop moochin about the past. Any other transfers you want to talk about?

skegsagypsy
1st September, 2012, 09:07 PM
Who cares. Stop moochin about the past. Any other transfers you want to talk about?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/celtic-transfer-289947/

johnboy1974
1st September, 2012, 09:19 PM
Can't blame a man for following the money- every player does it.

skegsagypsy
1st September, 2012, 09:24 PM
Can't blame a man for following the money- every player does it.

I did point that out in my original post.

cgscott
1st September, 2012, 09:26 PM
:rangers::barscarf:

colin mckenzie
2nd September, 2012, 10:31 AM
surely they should be forced to pay the jelavic transfer off first? just saying

johnboy1974
2nd September, 2012, 10:49 AM
surely they should be forced to pay the jelavic transfer off first? just saying

Isnt that piece of business to do with the old club and not the new rangers.

colin mckenzie
2nd September, 2012, 10:53 AM
Isnt that piece of business to do with the old club and not the new rangers.

the new club had to pay the debt to other scottish clubs for the old club debt? why not european teams? its either the right thing to do or isnt?

also how can the new club claim to have 54 league titles? but then say we dont pay the transfers the old club still owe? im at a loss to understand it but to surmise am i right when i say the solution rangers have is they lost all the bad things and negatives of the old club but kept the stuff they wanted? badge/history etc..? serious question have i got that right?

johnboy1974
2nd September, 2012, 11:46 AM
the new club had to pay the debt to other scottish clubs for the old club debt? why not european teams? its either the right thing to do or isnt?

also how can the new club claim to have 54 league titles? but then say we dont pay the transfers the old club still owe? im at a loss to understand it but to surmise am i right when i say the solution rangers have is they lost all the bad things and negatives of the old club but kept the stuff they wanted? badge/history etc..? serious question have i got that right?

Colin in there really any point to going over all this again, I think not.

rds60h
2nd September, 2012, 11:50 AM
All the bitching is starting again !
The fact is Rangers (not newco or oldco or any other old cobblers) are in the SFL Div 3.
They have sold over 40,000 season tickets, more than any other Scottish club and are therefore able to use this income to fund the transfer fees and wages for new players.
The new players and those that stayed with Rangers are attracted to the future potential and the past history of the club (the history is there because Rangers are not a "new" club they are under "new" ownership - this is a situation that has also been the case with most if not all Scottish clubs and that change of ownership is also part of the history).
These players also see the opportunity to play in front of large crowds and large TV audiences on a regular basis, so where is the backward step in their ambition ?
The only opportunity that they are missing out on is that of playing in Europe in the immediate future and that opportunity would not have been there even if Rangers had been kept in the SPL.

colin mckenzie
2nd September, 2012, 11:52 AM
guys i think i made valid points, you seem to accept the fact rangers have lets be honest got off lightly as i would if it were celtic no doubt id be adopting the same nothing to see here attitude and rangers fans would be looking for justice to be done. simple really..

rds60h
2nd September, 2012, 12:03 PM
Skegs, trid to put a PS on my post on the David Templeton thread but it was closed.
That PS was, Hope you enjoy your jaunt to Barcelona as it is an amazing stadium and great City......Have a beer for me on Las Ramblas !