PDA

View Full Version : paul lawrie

johnboy1974
2nd September, 2012, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to say how good it is to see Big paul lawrie playing well again at the golf. 3 tournaments won this year and in contention again. That poor guy suffered terribly from depression brought on from the constant jeering he got after he won the open championship in 1999. His critics said he never deserved to win it and that jean van der velde simply threw it away. In 2000 he refused to accept a cbe from prince charles as they couldnt even get his name right- They called him up as peter lawrie. His place in the ryder cup team is assured and i think he is going to play a big part in that. Good luck to the big man.

colin mckenzie
2nd September, 2012, 11:00 AM
Just wanted to say how good it is to see Big paul lawrie playing well again at the golf. 3 tournaments won this year and in contention again. That poor guy suffered terribly from depression brought on from the constant jeering he got after he won the open championship in 1999. His critics said he never deserved to win it and that jean van der velde simply threw it away. In 2000 he refused to accept a cbe from prince charles as they couldnt even get his name right- They called him up as peter lawrie. His place in the ryder cup team is assured and i think he is going to play a big part in that. Good luck to the big man.

good pst wasnt aware of the cbe and depression stuff, i agree in with a great shout today and winning at carnoustie is probably the toughest test in golf, toughest open course there is.

cant wait for ryder cup only sporting event i look forward to more than world cup/champions league... for me the best televised sporting event there is.. especially with a hostile crowd in the states...

southpaw83
2nd September, 2012, 06:29 PM
Yep, really enjoyed seeing him recapture his form, been very consistent , roll on Medinah, love the Ryder Cup