PDA

View Full Version : antara

madmanc
3rd September, 2012, 04:20 PM
hi guys have a 2009 58 reg 2.0cdti vuxhall antara had 2 regens done rescenlty dpf on this thing is f0oked, a friend has given me the dpf off and egr off dump from my dump of the edc16. am i best off to cut the exhaust and take the block out or to totaly removed the whole exhaust section and put a straight through pipe in which will give the best results? best economy im after. also what do i do with the sensors in the dpf?
thanks alot for any help!!!

fes_786
4th September, 2012, 03:23 AM
its upto u either gut it or put straight pipe

normally leave sensors connected

gaz51
4th September, 2012, 01:57 PM
I did one Antara 2007. Just took the filter block out and left all sensors connected. Just had to reset ash counter after I wrote the dpf off dump.

ominimicu
4th September, 2012, 08:34 PM
just gut it..and leave everything connected. Also if the file is not done properly the car may still go to regen.

madmanc
6th September, 2012, 11:41 PM
I did one Antara 2007. Just took the filter block out and left all sensors connected. Just had to reset ash counter after I wrote the dpf off dump.

ash counter?? cheers

gaz51
7th September, 2012, 07:49 AM
Ash or sooth counter is a parameter you can see on engien datalist. It discribes a ecu calculated % how full the DPF currently is. If the % goes over 90% then ecu is looking for a suitable moment when to start the regeneration process. If you make the dpfoff mod to your file and the % is left at 120% then it might be that the ecu still wants to regenerate dpf. So you better set the % to 0 with a suitable diagnostic tool.
If I am wrong please somebody correct me.

fes_786
8th September, 2012, 04:36 AM
but setting dpf ashcounter is for ecusafe / swiftec methods

if u use manual switch method then it freeze dpf ash counter as u turned the dpf system off

z786
8th September, 2012, 08:53 PM
sometimes u still have to tell the car its had a new dpf