PDA

View Full Version : I want to learn ECU Tuning

taheriautomobile
5th September, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hi guys

I want to learn ecu tunign using winols, race2000, ecm2001 or swiftec.

I also want to learn removing DPF speed limit and immo off for edc 17.

if any one can teach me then pls pm me we will discuss more.

puntoboy
5th September, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hi guys

I want to learn ecu tunign using winols, race2000, ecm2001 or swiftec.

I also want to learn removing DPF speed limit and immo off for edc 17.

if any one can teach me then pls pm me we will discuss more.

I've just started learning how to tune ECU's like you and I am finding it hard but all the info is out there on the internet it just takes time and effort.

I don't think anyone could or has the time to teach you through PM's.

You should start looking into disassembling ECU binary files read up on all the WinOLS tutorials available. Find any data-sheets available on the ECU and the ECU's CPU and figure out how it works.

Like I said I only just started learning and I am a NOOB. Hopefully some pro's will chip in and offer some better advice more specific to your ECU...

miha99
6th September, 2012, 07:42 AM
I`m not sure if EDC17 is a good reference for the start?
For start is 15 the best option.

Stanton
6th September, 2012, 08:31 AM
Maybe start by telling your current experience/skill level.

If you are starting this from scratch, first and foremost you need a full and proper understanding of IC engine operation. There are some great MEn and BEng courses out there which cover this to a level you won't achieve on your own. Only when you fully understand how a system works can you full know how to optimise it.

Then you can start gaining some experience in Ecu manipulation in the real world using data logging/dyno/file editing. Then once you are confident in your work you can start to advertise to do it commercially.

Diesellee
18th October, 2012, 08:49 PM
VAG EDC15 is probably an easy start there are some good guides to download here: http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=867

To get a basic knowledge i would start using VAGEDC15P Suite. Its fantastic for beginners to understand and play about with. You can download from Trionic Suites (http://www.trionicsuites.com/)
Dont forget to donate as it help bring such software to us.

Once you gain basic knowledge of what you are modifying and why you will understand more and more as you go on. when your confident modifying a file try to replicate your "remap" in winols the learning process will start all over again but this time with more background knowledge :-)

Hope This Helps

Lee