PDA

View Full Version : Name 10 diffrent types of computers and there uses

iphonic
6th September, 2012, 10:50 PM
Can anyone name 10 diffrent types of computer devices and give a description of there uses and specs?

its a good insight for people to see how far technology has come forward and its a good thing for the younger generation to read as i spoke with some younger adults aged 17-19 and they never have heard of amstrad before so i think its a good thing to have a topic for people to see exactly where technology was and is now

iphonic
6th September, 2012, 10:57 PM
no.................................

Why not, its a good insight for people to see how far technology has come forward and its a good thing for the younger generation to read as i spoke with some younger adults aged 17-19 and they never have heard of amstrad before so i think its a good thing to have a topic for people to see exactly where technology was and is now

iphonic
8th September, 2012, 12:43 PM
Thats what googles for or you could always do it for us....................:laugh:

Sat nav - embeded computer
Domestic appliances
Computer server
Mainframe
Pda
Tablet computer
Desktop pc
Mini pc media players - MK802 android
Cash register / POS
Smart phones

There u go

gmb45
8th September, 2012, 01:20 PM
right all shite deleted, if you want to keep the thread on topic i will leave it open, if not in the bin it goes.

( and if im not about the other staff will bin it, so be warned !!! )

iphonic
8th September, 2012, 01:27 PM
right all shite deleted, if you want to keep the thread on topic i will leave it open, if not in the bin it goes.

Im glad you deleted that shite and yes i think it would be good to be kept open for others to see

mortmaru
15th September, 2012, 05:51 PM
cars

they have now gone computerised to multi functions ranging from control engine/fuel management they even do eco modes to save things like battery.

nsw9154
19th September, 2012, 06:41 AM
Motorbikes

all modern m/bikes have computers but not always for the good my Triumph Sprint ST will not start unles the Engine managment Computer dose a diagnostick sweep, and when my Battery ran flat because of the Alarm - it will not allow it to be PUSH STARTED like the Old bikes i had in the 70's :laugh:

wetdog
19th September, 2012, 09:43 AM
kids toys.

alot of kids toys have some kind of chip or operating system/platform.

eeeh, fer an old bike wheel and a stick.