PDA

View Full Version : Vivaro Service Reset Problem

wiseman
7th September, 2012, 10:23 AM
The Miles on the Van have been done previously, im sure using Elprosys DP3, the light was off untill its first service interval now it wont be turned at all, stays on and flashes.

The van was also mapped, using an orig CMD Flash I via Obd which may have altered the eprom inside the Ecu.

van is 2005

Anyone else come accross this problem?

I attach Dash dump for analysis. Thanks

batandball
7th September, 2012, 11:32 AM
Reset warning service light vivaro van (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Reset_warning_service_light_vivaro_van)

Have a butchers at this

wiseman
7th September, 2012, 11:39 AM
think thats been tried and about 5 different diag machines too, will double check tho. cheers

honingkoning
22nd October, 2012, 11:14 PM
think thats been tried and about 5 different diag machines too, will double check tho. cheers

Did you solve this, because customer called me today, they had corrected the car in the past,not by me (but probaply did not perf service reset before odo correction).

I know you must clear service first and then you can correct milleage.

Is there a way to still get the service cleared.
Maybe by puting a higher milleage and then reset service and then put ori dump back? any idea!!!!!!

Regards Adam

honingkoning
23rd October, 2012, 02:45 PM
Any one knows how to solve this.

smartymarti
23rd October, 2012, 03:14 PM
on all 08 upwards traffics vivaros etc you must do a service reset before doing the miles

so yes the solution is
put a dump back in the van thats been done correctly , then do a service reset with pumping brake pedal etc

then redo the miles ,
as wiseman will concur this is the only way you,ll get this resolved no main dealer tools can reset it once youv done miles and not reset service 1st

honingkoning
23rd October, 2012, 06:59 PM
on all 08 upwards traffics vivaros etc you must do a service reset before doing the miles

so yes the solution is
put a dump back in the van thats been done correctly , then do a service reset with pumping brake pedal etc

then redo the miles ,
as wiseman will concur this is the only way you,ll get this resolved no main dealer tools can reset it once youv done miles and not reset service 1st

I knew that part of doing service first, but the last time they did not reset service and i dont have the ori file because the car was done by someone else.
I have one dump from a 2009 vivaro with correct service reset.
Can i put this file in dash do service reset and than put ori file back.

Regards Adam.

smartymarti
23rd October, 2012, 07:20 PM
Yes , put that file in , all should be ok

drpeter
23rd October, 2012, 07:35 PM
2 minutes work can be done by OBD.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

honingkoning
23rd October, 2012, 08:10 PM
2 minutes work can be done by OBD.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

What do you mean Peter.

wiseman
23rd October, 2012, 11:32 PM
yes marti is spot on, I did exactly that and it was ok

sone82
25th March, 2016, 01:07 PM
I have the same problem! I have changed the milleage and I cant reset the service! I put back the old milleage and it reset only for 3000 km! Anyone knows what is the problem? Thanks

smartymarti
25th March, 2016, 06:20 PM
Find a dump from here and put it in then do a reset service , but always on 2008 onwards do a service reset before the mileage to avoid this issue

pierre renault
25th March, 2016, 10:10 PM
to solve the problem !!!! disassemble the dash and connect to other trafic or vivaro do service and to reconnect the source vehicle and all settled

sone82
29th March, 2016, 10:14 AM
Problem solved! A stop lamp didnt have enough power and therefore electric circuit isnt finished... After changing the bulb I have done the reset... Thanks for help