I want to buy a tool to use
Cat et
Allison doc
Cummins insite etc
I am looking at
ic4 from su enterprises
Genuine nexiq USB link
Clone nexiq USB link

The clone USB link is around $500 from obdautoelectrics china.
The ic4 is around the same price genuine
The genuine nexiq is closer to 700-800 depending on where you get it.

Just looking for some feedback from anyone who has used any or all of them. Thanks

RSwire
8th September, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone
I want to buy a tool to use
Cat et
Allison doc
Cummins insite etc
I am looking at
ic4 from su enterprises
Genuine nexiq USB link
Clone nexiq USB link

The clone USB link is around $500 from obdautoelectrics china.
The ic4 is around the same price genuine
The genuine nexiq is closer to 700-800 depending on where you get it.

Just looking for some feedback from anyone who has used any or all of them. Thanks

I have both the IC4 and the NEXIQ, the IC4 needs a license to use for starters, and it is kinda a pain in the ass to use with some of the soft, mostly ALLISON DOC. I prefer the NEXIQ, yes it is more expencive but well worth the exta money, it does more, easier to use, just all around better.

blackdragon125
8th September, 2012, 03:05 PM
I have the IC4, USB-link, & noregon DLA+ wireless and out of all three the USB-link works the best with all of the softwares out there. It even works with some light duty software for automotive. The only other thing is that the noregon seems to work almost as good and I like it a little better because I can hook up to vehicles without any wires from a good distance away. The USB-link you can use bluetooth the same way but it is not as fast and reliable as wireless is. Also keep checking eBay for adapters as I got the USB-link in almost new condition from there for around three hundred dollars.

han2542
8th September, 2012, 04:24 PM
go with rs wire advice i hace usb link and it works great with all my software just like he says:fight:

integlikewhoa
8th September, 2012, 05:20 PM
I also have a USB link. Go for that!

garvo411
8th September, 2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. USB link it is.

oscar0627
26th September, 2012, 02:26 AM
I've purchased several new USB-LINKs on eBay with the BlueTooth and ROHS logos (Genuine?) with the round USB bottom.

However, I've seen a many ads on eBay of used adapters without the round USB bottom.

What's the difference? Maybe, new USB-LINK adapter vs older USB-LINK adapter?

There is an add-on part that I could purchase seperately.

PN 1402-210 USB-Link***8482; Cable Restraint

But it looks like the newer USB-LINKs don't need it because it's already integrated into the adapter plastic housing.

tdftruckin
28th January, 2014, 03:09 AM
The ones with the integrated housing are clones. the clone worked great for me until i updated the firmware...