PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HTC Desire after screen replacement

03ahmads
9th September, 2012, 01:24 AM
My sister has recently had the screen replaced on her HTC Desire after dropping and smashing it. Got it back, but now the top 1cm of the screen does not respond to touch. Not an expert in this field so wondered if someone knows why? Is it because it hasn't been replaced with the same part number & just a compatible one? Had it done from a local shop, fuming because it took him 3 days longer than promised & at the end of it, part of the screen ain't even responding to the touch. Looks like I'll be paying him a visit, he'll shut up shop when I'm done with him :boxing:

Canker_Canison
10th September, 2012, 02:26 PM
If the outer glass was not smashed in the fall & only the LCD was replaced... it has nothing to do with the shop.

What you have described is a faulty digitizer. This could of been damaged in the fall but not smashed.

LCD & Digitizer are seperate on the Desire. If the LCD was smashed, only the LCD would be replaced.
If the digitizer (outer glass) was smashed then the shop has not fully tested the replacement part before handing it back.

Faulty replacement parts are common. All replacements are after market copies from china, unless stated as genuine HTC parts...in which case they are not new. Just removed from returned/faulty phones & sold online.

By all means, take it back to the shop. If they are responsible for the digitizer, they should replace it. But if they only replaced the LCD they will charge you for replacing the digitizer.

Out of curiosity, what did they charge?