PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4s memory problem

sogaro
9th September, 2012, 09:50 PM
I have a 4S 16Gb and have issues with the memoty recently. Been tweaking with it a lot in recent times so dont really know what i did that got me where i am. I am having about 8.5GB of "Other" used and that has almost taken up my space. How do i access the files tagged "OTHER" in iTunes or any other similar applications.

johnboy1974
10th September, 2012, 07:27 AM
I have a 4S 16Gb and have issues with the memoty recently. Been tweaking with it a lot in recent times so dont really know what i did that got me where i am. I am having about 8.5GB of "Other" used and that has almost taken up my space. How do i access the files tagged "OTHER" in iTunes or any other similar applications.

Have you jail broken your device if so it may be stuff from cydia. If you do a full restore through iTunes it should clear it and only put back on what's in the iTunes library.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sogaro
13th September, 2012, 07:55 AM
Have you jail broken your device if so it may be stuff from cydia. If you do a full restore through iTunes it should clear it and only put back on what's in the iTunes library.

Checking through iFile this morning i saw a file 5GB and its called syslog under the directory /var/log
Can i delete this?

johnboy1974
13th September, 2012, 08:02 AM
Checking through iFile this morning i saw a file 5GB and its called syslog under the directory /var/log
Can i delete this?

Sounds like system log I wouldn't touch it mate I would restore through iTunes and then rejailbreak.

sogaro
13th September, 2012, 08:47 AM
Sounds like system log I wouldn't touch it mate I would restore through iTunes and then rejailbreak.

Wrong mate, i copied it to my system and then deleted, am good to go , no qualms whatsoever. It even re-adds it with 0bytes after i rebooted.
Got this afterwards; iPhone memory full by 'other' that wasn't there before, how do it get it back normal? - MacRumors Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1251198)