PDA

View Full Version : Extra Box

supervlad
11th February, 2009, 06:22 PM
Guys i need some help here, i have a Tech 5400, and its a motor system. I've Just brought a new box, the problem is that i can't get both boxes to work at the same time. A singal only appears on 1 box at a time. I'm only using a normal spliter for the feed is this the problem ? or can i fix this problem thru the menu ?

krazylegz
11th February, 2009, 06:30 PM
you will either need a diseqc switch or a dual lnb or similar m8...but remember only one box will be able to control the motor

supervlad
11th February, 2009, 06:36 PM
you will either need a diseqc switch or a dual lnb or similar m8...but remember only one box will be able to control the motor

Cheers mate, just going to pop into maplins the now.
:tee:

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th February, 2009, 12:36 AM

No he wont, a diseqc switch is only used if you are trying to connect two or more receivers to the same box, your splitter should do the trick how it currently is but the channel you view must be in the same band as that on the other receiver...why dont you just throw the splitter and just use the loop out function?

alunfennell
12th February, 2009, 01:31 AM
It would be as a cheap to go and buy a twin or Quad Lnb on Eb*y and just wire directly to your new receiver.

Regards:
Alun

supervlad
12th February, 2009, 05:07 PM
No he wont, a diseqc switch is only used if you are trying to connect two or more receivers to the same box, your splitter should do the trick how it currently is but the channel you view must be in the same band as that on the other receiver...why dont you just throw the splitter and just use the loop out function?

Its werid mate, as soon as you change the channel on one of them the other goes off. I'm only changing the ch's on the same sat so i thought it would work. I'm going to give the loop out a try.

As for the Dual LNB, the problem is that i live in the bottom flat and the dish is on the roof, i had some profeesionals fix the system orginally but thought it would be simple to add a new box.

Cheers for the help guys.

alunfennell
12th February, 2009, 05:29 PM
supervlad a splitter will only work if you intend watching channels from the same transponder if you dont one receiver will stop reponding, you will have to buy a twin LNB for your satellite dish to make both receivers run independently.There is no other way.

Regards:
Alun

.: JaCkPoT :.
12th February, 2009, 05:35 PM
You need a normal splitter, a diseqc switch is used when more then one one dish is being connected to one receiver

supervlad
13th February, 2009, 11:18 AM

Right mate, i'm almost there, just to make one thing sure, when you say the same band to you mean the same Frequey i.e either 11... or 12... or do you mean the H or V ? I played around with it for a while and i'm getting some ch's but not others.