PDA

View Full Version : First generation Ipad...

Fusionmaster
13th September, 2012, 11:17 PM
Hello Guyz...I have, what I'm pretty sure to be a 1rst generation Ipad. I have browsed through several of the prior threads here & have seen nothing about jailbreaking this Ipad. They've all been on 2nd & 3rd generation devices. And I do apologize if I have started a thread that has already been discussed. Can this device be jailbroken, & if so, would somebody be kind enough to give me some instructions on how to do so? I'd really appreciate any info that I can get...thx in advance for your time.
~Fusionmaster~

stevieboy10
13th September, 2012, 11:43 PM
Hello Guyz...I have, what I'm pretty sure to be a 1rst generation Ipad. I have browsed through several of the prior threads here & have seen nothing about jailbreaking this Ipad. They've all been on 2nd & 3rd generation devices. And I do apologize if I have started a thread that has already been discussed. Can this device be jailbroken, & if so, would somebody be kind enough to give me some instructions on how to do so? I'd really appreciate any info that I can get...thx in advance for your time.
~Fusionmaster~

judging by your post im thinking you dont know what firmware your running either?? update in itunes and then watch a youtube video or something. jailbreaking is the easy part then u need to add despitories on cydia etc. tbh if u dnt knw how to do it, i suggest u find someone that does local shopping centre or local phone repair shop.

Fusionmaster
14th September, 2012, 12:04 AM
judging by your post im thinking you dont know what firmware your running either?? update in itunes and then watch a youtube video or something. jailbreaking is the easy part then u need to add despitories on cydia etc. tbh if u dnt knw how to do it, i suggest u find someone that does local shopping centre or local phone repair shop.

Sorry, but no I don't know what version of firmware is on this thing...I will update it non iTunes right now. Don't have a clue as to what you're referring to when you say that I need to add despitories on cydia. I jail broke my sons iPod a few years back, and adding cydia was no problem...but adding it to this thing has been a major pain in the ass, hence my reason for asking for assistance....again, any help would be really appreciated.

Fusionmaster
14th September, 2012, 12:23 AM
iTunes says my software is up to date...says version 5.1.1 if this is any help....

johnboy1974
14th September, 2012, 10:53 AM
iTunes says my software is up to date...says version 5.1.1 if this is any help....

Mate you need absinthe 2.0 for your jailbreak. google and download.
Cydia will be installed after the jailbreak is complete.

Btw to check your current firmware goto settings/general/about-the firmware number is beside version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

johnboy1974
14th September, 2012, 10:57 AM

Steve local shop or phone store- that's why we have digital kaos mate to help and assist members. Why pay its easy to do.

stevieboy10
14th September, 2012, 04:58 PM
Steve local shop or phone store- that's why we have digital kaos mate to help and assist members. Why pay its easy to do.

i knw what your saying mate but going from the original post and reply its clear the guy doesnt knw what cydia or a jb can do, if u want free apps or tweaks then depositories are a must :stupido2:
not to mention it was late when i posted hence the lazy reply lol.