PDA

View Full Version : vu duo clone where to buy

pspmixer
14th September, 2012, 12:27 PM
looking to buy another vu duo clone
i bought my last one from aspleysatellite but there website is down
i looked on dreamboxparts and they are sold out
would like a reliable website which you purchase with paypal
ebay dont sell clones so if any can point me in the right direction id be greatful thanks

DOUGALMCD
14th September, 2012, 12:37 PM
I would assume that a....satellite are no more as d....boxparts seems to be their new id. I could be wrong but I wouldn't use them anyway.

DOUGALMCD
14th September, 2012, 12:51 PM
On amazon at moment ?275. Maybe be able to get them originals cheaper shortly to make way for new stock. Not a big price difference between clone and original now.

pspmixer
14th September, 2012, 11:56 PM
cant really buy onces on amazon as i need to buy usb wireless adapter too

mtv1
14th September, 2012, 11:59 PM
On amazon at moment ?275. Maybe be able to get them originals cheaper shortly to make way for new stock. Not a big price difference between clone and original now.

Satboxes.com Online Store - Quality Satellite Products at reasonable prices from Ireland - VU+ Duo Twin Tuner HD Linux Sat receiver with 1TB HDD fitted special offer (Genuine model) (Powered by CubeCart) (http://satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=32) with hdd and genuine not clone :D nother fiver lol

pspmixer
16th September, 2012, 11:36 PM
too much them thanks tho for your effort

digicon
16th September, 2012, 11:40 PM
if its a clone your going for then try Nextbay if your not too bothered about a 5 day wait for delivery at todays exchange depending on how you pay looking at around ?160 all in

pspmixer
17th September, 2012, 04:36 PM
i checked them out and its say they are 410

septicsmurf
17th September, 2012, 04:55 PM
$258 here.

Vu+ DUO HD Set Top Box Stock on Sale Freeshipping! [Vu+ DUO HD Freeshipping] - $258.00 : nextbay.biz (http://www.nextbay.biz/vu-duo-hd-set-top-box-stock-on-sale-freeshipping_p19.html)

mdt
17th September, 2012, 06:04 PM
i checked them out and its say they are 410

thats the price for the duo clone and 6 replacement psu,s.. regards mdt

RuberDuck
17th September, 2012, 06:59 PM
thats the price for the duo clone and 6 replacement psu,s.. regards mdt

bloody hell if there shipping 6 replacement psu's along with the box thats says something about reliability.

( joke )

pspmixer
17th September, 2012, 11:44 PM
$258 here.

Vu+ DUO HD Set Top Box Stock on Sale Freeshipping! [Vu+ DUO HD Freeshipping] - $258.00 : nextbay.biz (http://www.nextbay.biz/vu-duo-hd-set-top-box-stock-on-sale-freeshipping_p19.html)
cheers for that works out about ?166
will look to get one from there
any one bought from there
would you recommend

mdt
19th September, 2012, 07:55 PM
cheers for that works out about ?166
will look to get one from there
any one bought from there
would you recommend

ive bought 3 V1 solo clones from there are just took delivery of another today V2 and all 4 have been fine with update boards and null-modem leads although i havent bought a duo clone they are shipping ferrari clone solo,s so you would think that the duo,s are the same.. most of the problems with the faulty duo,s seem to be the "clones of clones" and supplied by the thieves at YOAXCIN/MIXESHOP... its always a gamble buying a clone from china/hong kong but as risks go buying from nextbay lessens your chance of being shafted imho,regards mdt

pspmixer
19th September, 2012, 08:26 PM
ive bought 3 V1 solo clones from there are just took delivery of another today V2 and all 4 have been fine with update boards and null-modem leads although i havent bought a duo clone they are shipping ferrari clone solo,s so you would think that the duo,s are the same.. most of the problems with the faulty duo,s seem to be the "clones of clones" and supplied by the thieves at YOAXCIN/MIXESHOP... its always a gamble buying a clone from china/hong kong but as risks go buying from nextbay lessens your chance of being shafted imho,regards mdt
what delivery options do they give you
and ruffy how long did it take to arrive

digicon
19th September, 2012, 08:47 PM
what delivery options do they give you
and ruffy how long did it take to arrive

Its free delivery included in the price, I have also just got a Solo and from ordering to delivery took 7 days from nextbay

pspmixer
19th September, 2012, 09:11 PM
do they have any quicker shipping options

digicon
19th September, 2012, 11:15 PM
do they have any quicker shipping options

Not as far as i am aware although visit the site and have a look for yourself you may find something there.

micah1880
22nd September, 2012, 08:52 PM
I've ordered a clone from Nextbay. It's not arrived yet.

Does anyone know if they are sending out V2 clones?

Also if it doesn't have a V2 sticker on what's the easiest way to check?

Thanks

digicon
22nd September, 2012, 08:56 PM

Thanks

It will be a V2.0 sticker on the bottom of the receiver i had some last week

terayon00
23rd September, 2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks

How much did you pay for your Duo? Thinking of buying a Ultimo original when I get a bit of money together.

DOUGALMCD
23rd September, 2012, 01:26 PM
If it's v2 it will say so also you can check by image version that it comes with.

micah1880
23rd September, 2012, 03:06 PM
How much did you pay for your Duo? Thinking of buying a Ultimo original when I get a bit of money together.

Think it was ?166. Just look on nextbay (there's a link on page 1 of this thread) and change the currency to GBP.

digicon
23rd September, 2012, 03:31 PM
Think it was ?166. Just look on nextbay (there's a link on page 1 of this thread) and change the currency to GBP.

Just a tip do not change the currency to GBP as you get a better exchange rate when you pay in $

saayinla
24th September, 2012, 10:00 AM
Just Bought a Duo on Next bay, will update when I get this, Thanks for the link.

Markanddeb
28th September, 2012, 10:12 PM
I just got delivery of a origanal duo with 2tb hdd and universal remote for ?340 delivered!!! From Germany with a 2yr warrenty so for extra ?180 you get all that

mdt
28th September, 2012, 10:17 PM
I just got delivery of a origanal duo with 2tb hdd and universal remote for ?340 delivered!!! From Germany with a 2yr warrenty so for extra ?180 you get all that

always get an original if possible but for ?180 you could get another 2 stb,s... also warrantys dont mean anything unless the supplier upholds them. the duo is a very good box hope you enjoy it,regards mdt

mortmaru
3rd October, 2012, 09:19 PM

What place is this from and wouldn't the warranty being it's euro be from manufactor not retailer?

anyone that has ordered form nextbay do you also have to pay customs/vat on top?

digicon
3rd October, 2012, 10:08 PM
What place is this from and wouldn't the warranty being it's euro be from manufactor not retailer?

anyone that has ordered form nextbay do you also have to pay customs/vat on top?

No Customs/VAT charges at all items are marked down to avoid this.

saayinla
4th October, 2012, 01:09 PM
I Finally got my boxes from nextbay..rock solid so far..hopefully it stays that way. I also bought another from mixeshop (Tony and Tina) Even though I bought from next bay first, Theirs arrived yesterday while the one from nextbay arrived a day before using DHL as against Fedex for nextbay. All in all...happy with the boxes up till now.

astrix01
5th October, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I've been on the lookout for a VU duo.

So would you recommend the duo from mixeshop or nextbay?

Do they come flashed with an image?

How hard would this be to do?

I've got a DM800 HD and I got with an image..

mdt
5th October, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi,

I've been on the lookout for a VU duo.

So would you recommend the duo from mixeshop or nextbay?

Do they come flashed with an image?

How hard would this be to do?

I've got a DM800 HD and I got with an image..

id go with nextbay before mixeshop personally, the box comes pre-flashed with blackhole image and is easy to update via usb.. if you re-flash your box read the tuts before doing it and check if the box is a V2 which it should be,regards mdt

astrix01
5th October, 2012, 08:25 PM
So does that come with a hard drive installed?

If not, how much will a hard drive cost? Approx 500gb

DM800DM
9th October, 2012, 12:49 AM
Hi guys, I am really thinking of buying a vu duo after my dm800 has suddenly decided to end its wonderful life.

Anyways, for those who ordered from next bay and other Chinese websites. DID YOU PAY ANY TAX OR VAT WHEN YOU RECEIVED YOUR ITEMS and if so how much was it !!!

Thanx guys and enjoy watching ;D

saayinla
9th October, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hi guys, I am really thinking of buying a vu duo after my dm800 has suddenly decided to end its wonderful life.

Anyways, for those who ordered from next bay and other Chinese websites. DID YOU PAY ANY TAX OR VAT WHEN YOU RECEIVED YOUR ITEMS and if so how much was it !!!

Thanx guys and enjoy watching ;D

I ve bought about 3 in all and have not had to pay any tax or duty howevere from experience, it normally takes a few weeks or month before you invoice to pay for that.

stevo88
22nd October, 2012, 04:48 PM
what gb is the vu + duo (linked above) on nextbay is doesnt say?

n4cer
23rd December, 2012, 08:35 PM
Just bought this Vu Solo DVB-S2 HD Satellite Receiver VU+SOLO Linux OS DVB-S With Smart Card Reader 143$ from
Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. (http://www.aliexpress.com)
looks ok will have a play when i have some time
Pay in us dollars better exchange rate has Digicon said

jugulator
8th January, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hi there, I am currently using a dreambox DM800 HD PVR. It has only one tuner so I cannot watch another channel while recording. I am looking for another box, mainly to watch another channel while recording one. Also it is a bit sluggish. I understand that VU+ DUO has 2 tuner. Could someone confirm that we can watch a different channel while watching one with this? I cannot see it mentioned explicitly anywhere. Also I see this video out put is 1080i. Is there any other box which delivers 1080p quality? Also could anyone suggest which is the best box? ANy other suggestions.? I hear that VU is very good.

septicsmurf
8th January, 2013, 04:08 PM
Yes, as long as you have 2 feeds you can watch one and record another. I would recommend against a clone, having owned one.
I now have a vu+ solo2. Difference in build quality, etc is glaringly obvious.

jugulator
8th January, 2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, as long as you have 2 feeds you can watch one and record another. I would recommend against a clone, having owned one.
I now have a vu+ solo2. Difference in build quality, etc is glaringly obvious.

Thank you very much for the reply. Regarding the clone, apart from the build and the looks, any issues with respect to working..? And have u tried any other boxes..? or have any other recomendation?

bokkie
8th January, 2013, 08:12 PM
Vu+ duo clones had issues with psu. I had 1 blow up and the other refused to drive my motor.
An original vu+ duo can be had for around ?240 from germany now, or you could get an uno and stick the twin tuner in there at a later date.
I would personally recommend the vu+ solo2, but this is not cheap at ?300.
But it is currently the fastest stb out there. And hopefully all the extra processor power will be put to good use in the future.

jugulator
8th January, 2013, 11:02 PM
Vu+ duo clones had issues with psu. I had 1 blow up and the other refused to drive my motor.
An original vu+ duo can be had for around ?240 from germany now, or you could get an uno and stick the twin tuner in there at a later date.
I would personally recommend the vu+ solo2, but this is not cheap at ?300.
But it is currently the fastest stb out there. And hopefully all the extra processor power will be put to good use in the future.

Thank you for your reply. My requirements are, twin tuner and preferably 1080p resolution. I do not think, I will play around with it more than that. I use a jailboroken Apple TV with FTV flash as my media centre (I love it)