PDA

View Full Version : ricky hatton to make a comeback

footycard steve
14th September, 2012, 04:48 PM
ricky hatton has announced a comeback for the end of november against an un-named opponent, he wants to fight a top ranked fighter to get him straight back into the top 10 and redeem himself for his last 2 defeats to mayweather jnr and pacman he never mentioned a re-match with either but another boxer he beat pretty easily pauli malinaggi has now won a world title and might fancy a re-match with a fighter thats had 3 years off, ricky was definately hugely popular and i'm sure he will be when he comes back but i think he will struggle against the elite fighters if he meets them.

Snowy79
14th September, 2012, 05:09 PM
Got to admit he's seen the best of his days. A good fighter but there are a lot better out there.
`

zee24
14th September, 2012, 05:09 PM
Was once a good boxer with a lot of heart and fans but 3 years out of the ring, I expect him to struggle to get in that top 10, as there are too many young good fighters in there. Although would like to see him up against Special K or Amir Khan.

andy1967
14th September, 2012, 05:49 PM
Not his first fight back, 100% him and Khan will have a fight.

thecelticfan
14th September, 2012, 07:43 PM
What age is he?

smirnoff_rules
14th September, 2012, 07:44 PM
What age is he?

33 i think

Snowy79
14th September, 2012, 08:11 PM
He's spank Khan no probs, but then again my Gran could deck Khan if she made contact.

maca
14th September, 2012, 08:13 PM
I heard he's fighting fraudley harrison as he wants an easy 1st fight back :)

smirnoff_rules
14th September, 2012, 08:19 PM
or freddie flintoff lol

scottymo76
15th September, 2012, 11:38 AM
I can see him just being a punchbag.

He kinda always was but was able to throw a punch back.

Now he'll just be fodder for younger fighters looking for a scalp.

Agree with earlier post that he and Khan will be set-up to generate some cash and 'restore' Khan's plummetting credibility.

Zippage
15th September, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'd be surprised if this wasn't and Epic Fail!

mortmaru
15th September, 2012, 05:22 PM
I can see him just being a punchbag.

He kinda always was but was able to throw a punch back.

Now he'll just be fodder for younger fighters looking for a scalp.

Agree with earlier post that he and Khan will be set-up to generate some cash and 'restore' Khan's plummetting credibility.

100% agree with this.

He was around so long because of his fan following which generates cash thats what boxing is all about not ability.