PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Range Rover Sport

sherl645
14th September, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hi,
I was asked to look at one of these. It's a 2012 model with the full digital display dash. No needles.

Anyone know what is involved in correcting one of these? I assume the mileage is stored in several places. I only need to do enough to get the new mileage to stay on the cluster.

Thanks,
Ronan

dashradio
14th September, 2012, 09:21 PM
Strip the dash to find a 24c16

sherl645
14th September, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hi,
Thanks. Is it enough to do the dash? It won't jump back?

Out of interest where else is the mileage? Is it possible to do a 100% job on these?

Thanks,
Ronan

smartymarti
14th September, 2012, 10:29 PM
The sport does have needles where as the vogue doesn't and is all digital, the all terrain module has miles stored aswell

milesbetteroff
14th September, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hi guys he is correct on saying that the dash is all digital I have seen 2 or 3 of them normally top of the range models not hard to do if you know how !!!!

sherl645
15th September, 2012, 12:14 AM
Hi,
I know you know your stuff Marti but the customer told me that this is a full LCD dash with no needles and it's definitely a sport.

Can anyone confirm what's in it? And what else can I or should I do in it. Is it a difficult strip out?

Thanks,
Ronan

diagtech
15th September, 2012, 12:45 AM
Definitely be a 24c16 stripout isnt too bad just be careful with top cowling chip is on back of board on sport cant do anything else other than service and erase error codes as range rover can find miles through dtcs they dont tend to check other modules but if car is taken in for a fault they will find original miles looking through dtcs

smartymarti
15th September, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cool ,I'll have to have a look out it will be a vogue dash in a sport, dp3 have added rr vogue obd in this month update sadly didn't work , I'll add sport strip out if needed

sherl645
15th September, 2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys. I have to do this on Monday. If I'm struggling with the algo I'll upload the dump.

Marti I would appreciate the strip out instructions if you have them. If you don't I'm sure I'll figure it.

Thanks for the help,
Ronan

smartymarti
16th September, 2012, 08:52 AM
Strip out

Remove lower kick panel [same as old]
remove 2 torx [same]
tilt wheel etc
left side trim is long, just release theo end near the wheel
pull off right trim near wheel, CAREFULLY, so you can release and remove light switch.
No need to remove any more trim at this stage
pull back black plastic at bottom of cluster to reveal 2 BIG silver torx [same as old type],
Pull off inner closing trim around cluster [like polo]
then remove 2 torx at top of cluster.
partially pull out cluster, then remove left side torx, both upper torx and one at the very back on the left.
these hold the cluster hood in, DONT REMOVE IT, JUST LIFT UP THE LEFT SIDE.
Unplug and wangle cluster out.

Remove back to reveal 24c16

*used Mondeo 9s12 algo 2009. on lines 780 repeated 5 time

diagtech
17th September, 2012, 01:30 AM
Try dp3 again on vogue did 2 this week went straight away tried before and didnt so they must have fixed bug

sherl645
17th September, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi,
Ye're not going to believe this but it's not the full lcd dash. Don't know what the customer was talking about.

Is it still a 24c16?

Thanks,
Ronan

diagtech
17th September, 2012, 04:01 PM
Yes it is same algo as mondeo

sherl645
17th September, 2012, 07:42 PM
Job is done. Thanks for the help.

Ronan

AvechuchoAxel
12th August, 2013, 09:13 PM
besides the cluster worked as Mondeo... is there anything else to be programmed? A full scan / dtc's delettion is enough to clear all the history?