PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Rise once more.....

Lanxman
11th February, 2009, 11:45 PM
Fans of the xbox 360 game dead rising who were gutted that this game was not released on ps3 will be pleased to know that......
DeadRising2.net - Dead Rising 2 Screenshots, Videos, Wii Chop Til You Drop Preview, Tips, Cheats & More (http://www.deadrising2.net/)

Raven
15th February, 2009, 02:49 AM
I just hope they sort out the save system this time around.......that for me ruined the original game - I thought I'd saved it sufficiently seeing as how i saved at one of them couch things early in the game, i carried on playing for hours to the first boss, I subsequently died in the gunfight....then I was greeted with the start new game screen with no option but to restart the whole game.....I was shellshocked and instantly switched it off in a fit of rage and never played the game again. Decent game and a good diversion actually if it wern't for that wretched save system that doesn't work lol.

C64
15th February, 2009, 03:11 AM
I just hope they sort out the save system this time around.......that for me ruined the original game - I thought I'd saved it sufficiently seeing as how i saved at one of them couch things early in the game, i carried on playing for hours to the first boss, I subsequently died in the gunfight....then I was greeted with the start new game screen with no option but to restart the whole game.....I was shellshocked and instantly switched it off in a fit of rage and never played the game again. Decent game and a good diversion actually if it wern't for that wretched save system that doesn't work lol.

PMSL!!!

Same here mate, that was the biggest issue for me in Dead Rising, I've lost count of the number of times I forgot to save my game properly and found myself chucked back with hours of real-time game play to make up.

TBH, I'm not a fan of the game at all, I found it very disappointing.

lol

I've edited this post as I've just remembered WHY I didn't like Dead rising.

I'm sure you've all played 'State of Emergency' on your PS2's, well Dead Rising is a slightly enhanced version of that shit.

lol

Raven
15th February, 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm glad you found it funny, I felt like breaking stuff at the time! lol

Seriously though, why did they make a game with such a hap hazard save system ? funny thing is before the said boss fight i thought ah its alright il have a checkpoint probably when i die....i did have a checkpoint, the start of the whole soddin game! And I was like no........cue ton's of swears and slurs directed at the game and capcom.

Safe to say I'm not playing the new one let alone buying it.....I do wonder what the new resident evil will be like though, i didn't think a great deal to the last one i think and thought it was well overrated even on the gamecube. it's not bad on the wii though cos of the light gun esque gameplay. tons of fun there.

Lanxman
16th February, 2009, 04:10 PM
Didn't you always have to go back to the room that you transported the survivors to in order to save? I can't remember having any issues with saving the game. Loved it to bits, I see what you mean about the state of emergency thing but it knocked the socks off that shite! :)

Raven
16th February, 2009, 09:54 PM
Unless them couch saves in quiet moments were a total placebo effect then I'd presume so! lol.....I just know I played the game - it told me it was saved, but it was not and there was nothing wrong with the hard drive.....they should have called this game dead save system - or to me more accurate, anger rising